E-Learning Course Content:
This Infection Control in Healthcare e-learning course is aimed at anyone that works in a care role. It provides advice and information on what the different types of infection are and how professionals can help stop them spreading. The content will help learners appreciate the different infections that are prevalent and the actions that can be taken to improve general controls.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Infection Control in Healthcare
Implement actions to stop the spread of infections
It’s important that healthcare workers understand their responsibilities regarding the removal of exposures to infection. They should also have appropriate cleaning processes in place, while knowing how to deal with spills when they occur.
This e-learning course covers the why infection control is important, the common infections that need to be managed and the standard precautions that should be taken. As well as the practical aspect of infection control, there is also a focus on the policies, procedures, systems, and laws that care professionals must be aware of.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that works in a healthcare setting. This means that the audience may include:
- Care workers
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing five interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions, downloads and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, infection control in healthcare is extremely important, and healthcare professionals need to be constantly made aware of their responsibilities. With this e-learning course:
- Understand what infection control means and why it is so important
- Understand the common infections found in the healthcare environment
- Establish standard precautions and how to follow them
- Review the importance of decontamination and maintain a clean environment
- Implement a risk assessment for infection control
- Identify elements important to a healthcare infection policy
- Understand the regulations that apply to healthcare infection control
- Establish why infection control is important
- Identify what causes infections
- List the four main types of infection
- Explore how pathogens can spread
- Describe how pathogens can enter the body
- Understand what a healthcare associated infection is
- Describe how infections can be spread directly and indirectly
- Explain how microorganisms which are already present can become pathogens
- Review examples of common healthcare associated infections
- Establish what the ‘standard precautions’ are and why they are important
- Identify examples of best practice and standard precautions with respect to:
- hand hygiene
- personal protective equipment
- handling sharps
- disposing of waste
- dealing with spillages
- cleaning and decontaminating equipment
- maintaining a clean environment
- handling accidental exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Explore why risk assessments are important
- List who should be considered why carrying out a risk assessment
- Describe common situations which present a potential risk
- Review the steps in a typical risk assessment.
- Examine the purpose of workplace healthcare policies
- Identify some of the regulations related to healthcare.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.