These information security for managers e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
Compliance training is critical for individuals and the organisations they represent. It helps to ensure that employees follow governance and regulations that apply to their job responsibilities. This helps protect both the individual and the organisation from costly mistakes that could result in fines or bad publicity.
This Information Security for Managers e-learning course focuses on ensuring data is secure from unauthorised use and that information stored on IT systems is safe from potential misuse.
In this course, your participants will learn the information security principles and the simple steps organisations and individuals can take to make sure the confidential data they store is safe and secure from attack.
Who is it for?
This course is useful for those involved in managing people’s personal information, which would include:
- Data Controllers
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Get downloadable worksheets, policy support documents and factsheets
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited courses – CPD Verification Service
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Information Security – Risks and Threats
Follow Tim’s experience with an Information Security Consultant that he employed to carry out investigations following security breaches at his organisation.
- Understanding Information Security and why it is important – following three key security breach examples – Laptop loss, Loose Lips and Computer Virus
- Review highly publicised information security incidents and their outcomes
- Understand what information needs to be kept secure and why
- Establishing what an organisation can do to protect itself from information security risks
Module 2 – Information Security – Concepts and Controls
- Establishing an organisational security policy
- Reviewing the three main information security concepts – Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Identifying internal and regulatory controls required for information security
- Developing an information security policy with structure and example
Module 3 – Information Security – Employee Responsibilities
- Provision of information security guidelines for employees
- Understanding employee requirements for information security through different scenario examples
- Identifying workplace information security risks and employing contingencies to overcome them
- Establishing telephone procedures and processes for security
- Forming email procedures and processes for security
- Recognising the importance of information security for home workers
Module 4 – Information Security – Managers Responsibilities
- Understanding what it takes to create a culture of information security within the organisation
- Spotting the internal threats to information security and developing processes to mitigate them
- Vetting potential employees to reduce the potential for security risks
- Recognising the level of information access different employees need
- Establishing the correct process for disposing of confidential waste
- Setting up a process for reporting security incidents
- Applying the correct training and awareness
Module 5 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To put it simply, you’ll ensure your compliance with the principles of Information Security. With this course:
- Help ensure organisational compliance with Information Security Governance
- Help ensure personal compliance with Information Security
- Improve general compliance within your organisation
- Help to develop a compliance culture within your organisation
- Help your company avoid potentially costly litigation, fines and bad publicity
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.