E-Learning Course Content:
This information security for managers e-learning course covers the key aspects that employees need to be aware of when using IT equipment or software in the workplace or from home. It includes common risks and dangers and how to mitigate them.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Information Security for Managers
Compliance training is critical for individuals and the organisations they represent. It helps to ensure that employees follow governance and regulations that apply to their job responsibilities. This helps protect both the individual and the organisation from costly mistakes that could result in fines or bad publicity.
This Information Security for Managers e-learning course focuses on ensuring data is secure from unauthorised use and that information stored on IT systems is safe from potential misuse.
In this course, your participants will learn the information security principles and the simple steps organisations and individuals can take to make sure the confidential data they store is safe and secure from attack.
This course is useful for those involved in managing people’s personal information, which would include:
- Data Controllers
- Team leaders
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Get downloadable worksheets, policy support documents and factsheets
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited courses – CPD Verification Service
To put it simply, you’ll ensure your compliance with the principles of Information Security. With this course:
- Apply organisational compliance with Information Security Governance
- Establish personal compliance with Information Security rules
- Know what data needs to be kept secure and why
- Ensure you are applying security measures to protect data and information
- Develop a compliance culture within your organisation
- Help your company avoid potentially costly litigation, fines and bad publicity
Follow Tim’s experience with an Information Security Consultant that he employed to carry out investigations following security breaches at his organisation.
- Understanding Information Security and why it is important – following three key security breach examples – Laptop loss, Loose Lips and Computer Virus
- Review highly publicised information security incidents and their outcomes
- Understand what information needs to be kept secure and why
- Establishing what an organisation can do to protect itself from information security risks
- Establishing an organisational security policy
- Reviewing the three main information security concepts – Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
- Identifying internal and regulatory controls required for information security
- Developing an information security policy with structure and example
- Provision of information security guidelines for employees
- Understanding employee requirements for information security through different scenario examples
- Identifying workplace information security risks and employing contingencies to overcome them
- Establishing telephone procedures and processes for security
- Forming email procedures and processes for security
- Recognising the importance of information security for home workers
- Understanding what it takes to create a culture of information security within the organisation
- Spotting the internal threats to information security and developing processes to mitigate them
- Vetting potential employees to reduce the potential for security risks
- Recognising the level of information access different employees need
- Establishing the correct process for disposing of confidential waste
- Setting up a process for reporting security incidents
- Applying the correct training and awareness
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.