This free energiser is useful for helping participants realise the value in sharing knowledge and experience.
Training course contents:
A free set of instructions for the energiser, ‘Knowledge Share’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions below.
1. Ask a participant to loan you £1.
2. Take this £1 and then ask for a loan of £1 from another participant.
3. Take the £1 from participant 2 and use it to repay participant 1.
4. Next, take the £1 that participant 1 gave you and use it to repay participant 2.
5. Ask the group if anyone is richer from this experience. The answer should be no.
6. Explain to the group that if two ideas had been shared by the participants in the same way that both would have been richer than they were before. Indeed, everyone listening would also be richer if they heard the ideas.
Use this example to provoke a conversation about sharing information and ideas within a group.
Prompt review using the following questions…
1. What stops us from sharing information as a group?
2. What is the value of sharing information with our peers?
3. What should encourage us to share ideas regularly?
4. Why is sharing ideas important from a behavioural viewpoint?
This energiser is useful for encouraging participants to share thoughts and ideas.
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!