E-Learning Course Content:
This Ladder Safety e-learning course is aimed at helping to ensure employees are equipped with the knowledge to implement safe procedures when using ladders.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Falls from a height accounted for 26% of all fatal injuries to workers over the last five years and a significant amount of these involved ladders and stepladders. Ladder incidents also account for a substantial number of non-fatal accidents.
To use a ladder, you need to be competent. A competent person is one who has sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to perform the task, or, if they are being trained, that they work under the supervision of somebody competent to do it.
If you are an employer, or you control work at height; for example, if you are a contractor or a factory owner, the work at height regulations apply to you. Working at height laws include ladder use and it is your responsibility to ensure that work is properly planned, supervised and carried out by competent people. This makes ladder safety training a key requirement.
This Ladder Safety e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively use ladders and help to ensure they avoid injury to themselves or others.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that are in roles that require the use of Ladders
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use Ladders
- Perfect for employee induction processes
This e-learning course will help your learners establish the importance of the safe use of ladders. With this course:
- Identify when ladders should be used
- Understand responsibilities relating to ladder safety
- Establish what the law requires regarding ladder safety
- Know how to carry out risk assessments for ladders
- Understanding the Personal Protective Equipment that should be used with ladders
- Establish how to effectively use ladders to ensure safety
- Identify how to store, maintain and inspect ladders
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing five interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, images and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Establish why ladder safety is important
- Review the four areas that are responsible for the majority of accidents involving ladders
- Understand what ‘competent’ means in terms of a ladder user
- Review an employer’s responsibility towards ladder safety
- Review what employees must do in terms of ladder safety.
- Explore some of the regulations which apply to working with ladders
- Identify the role of the HSE
- Review examples from the 10 requirements for ladders
- Follow a case study example of an accident which would need to be reported
- Identify what the terms, ‘undesired circumstances’ and ‘dangerous occurrences’ mean in the context of health and safety
- Establish why all accidents should be recorded.
- Review the four steps in a risk assessment
- Explore examples of factors which can increase risks when using a ladder
- Identify the process of; avoid, prevent and minimise
- Understand who can carry out a risk assessment
- Define what responsibilities workers have with respect to risk assessments.
- Describe the different types of ladders that are in common use
- Review how ladders are classified and the different uses (Industrial, Commercial, Trade and Domestic.)
- Establish when you should check a ladder
- Define how to safely place, erect (including extension ladders), secure, ascend and descend a ladder
- Know how to use a ladder safely
- Note different checks and precautions that are relevant to step ladders
- Review precautions that could be taken to minimise the harm from a fall
- Identify the PPE that could be used while working on a ladder
- Establish what consideration should be taken when wearing PPE and working on a ladder (e.g. protective gloves should not impede dexterity).
- Understand what checks should be carried out to make sure a ladder is safe
- Explore why it is important to handle ladders carefully and what should happen if one is damaged or impacted
- Establish how ladders should be stored
- State what should happen to a ladder if it is damaged.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.