These Self Study Workbooks have been developed as a tool to assist learners outside of classroom training. As the name suggests, they provide the user with the opportunity to explore the learning for themselves or with a coach. They can be used by individuals to develop their own personal skills in a given topic, or by organisations that want to upskill their team members in a cost effective and timely way.
Self-Study Workbook Contents:
In the fast paced work environments we encounter today, these workbooks provide the perfect opportunity to develop and build on skills that might otherwise be neglected.
The workbooks provide clarity and insight to the specific topic, whilst including activities, questions and practical tasks that ensure the learner is immersed in the topic and learns from a practical and straightforward approach. A great way to have fun while learning at your own pace!
This particular self study workbook focuses on ‘Leadership Skills’.
There are three elements of leadership that the training will focus on, these are: Personal Leadership, Team Leadership and Task Leadership.
The self study workbook will benefit participants that are relatively new to the role of leadership or are in need of a fresh perspective to their leadership role.
Modern leadership is moving away from the ‘command and control’ ideal and the role has become more focused on how to unlock the power and potential of those around you. People want to be respected and valued, the great leader recognises this and is self aware enough to encourage and develop the strengths of others to achieve the goals of the organisation.
The core self-study workbook contents are:
Icebreaker – Leadership Words – Helping the learner to focus on the relevant attributes of a leader and explore their own views towards leadership.
Personal Leadership – Identifying with strengths and weaknesses and developing a strong sense of self-awareness by reviewing the following areas:
– Be True to Your Strengths – A self review of personal attributes and their current effectiveness and personal actions to develop.
– Solicit Feedback – Understanding working relationships and reviewing which interactions are working and those that are not.
– Ask Good Questions and Listen to the Responses – Challenging the learner to take positive measures to become truly self-aware.
– Commit to Lifelong Learning – Identifying valuable methods of learning and development.
Team Leadership – Learning to motivate and inspire teams in the face of challenges by reviewing the following areas:
– Be Positive – Developing a fundamental belief that you can change and improve things.
– Develop a Vision – Using a clear process for developing goals and aims that are directly related to the vision of the organisation and making them live for the team.
– Lead by Example – Realising that you must set an example to the team and effectively demonstrate you have a strong work ethic.
– Be Inclusive – Taking a questionnaire to establish your current approach to inclusiveness. Developing a sensible approach to transformational leadership and valuing the input of the team.
– Manage Negativity – Exploring the impact of negativity and establishing methods of overcoming it.
Task Leadership – Ensuring the job gets done and you are instrumental in improvements that secure the future of your work area and the organisation as a whole. Reviewing the following areas:
– Delegation – Distributing relevant work tasks in such a way that it is seen as motivational and effective. Following a clear and simple process.
– Continuous Improvement – Identifying new opportunities. Regularly reviewing business processes and methods in the drive for improvement.
– Problem Solving – Coping with problems as they arise and using a simple method to explore innovative ideas and come to a reasoned solution.
The self study wokbook contains activities, questions and tasks that provide you with an opportunity to learn through doing and challenge your own thinking.
On completion of this self study workbook, you will be able to:
- Clearly define the core requirements of Personal, Team and Task Leadership
- Increase your self-awareness and develop a positive approach to leadership
- Utilise clear methods of getting the best out of your team and those around you
- Implement working practices that will assist you in becoming a great leader