Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call, which helps with training of remote workers. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
These Leading Through Uncertainty virtual training course materials have been developed for managers at all levels who face the challenge of working through uncertain times. They are likely to be facing the difficulty of ensuring the wellbeing of their team, or concerned about how they can ensure they remain motivated. They’ll also need to focus on their own personal resilience and the difficulties they face and are looking for methods of remaining positive while providing development and additional support for team members.
The virtual training course will help to ensure your participants have the tools and techniques required to effectively manage their teams through the challenge of change and adaptation while providing their team with all the personal support they need.
Training course contents:
It seems that everything around us is changing and we’re facing challenges like never before in our lifetime. The global pandemic has affected how all of us work and what was the norm has changed dramatically and it seems likely that we will be facing changes of some sort or another for some time. A lot of us are now having to manage and work with teams remotely and have had to find new ways of keeping them motivated while worrying about their mental health and wellbeing. The leaders of today have a whole different range of things to consider and act on.
The purpose of this “Leading through Uncertainty” virtual training course is to provide your participants with all they need to navigate their way through the leadership challenges they face. They’ll consider their own needs, but more widely, the key needs of their team.
Why is running this virtual leading through uncertainty course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Identify the challenges of leading in a VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous)
- Accept and manage the emotional impact of change
- Develop personal resilience and be able to focus on working in ambiguous situations with vigour
- Understand the storytelling process and its importance in communicating effectively to their team
- Motivate, develop and support teams to success through uncertain times
- Develop trust, support and rapport with their team members
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
The VUCA World We Live in – Explaining the meaning of a VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) world and the importance of understanding this as a manager.
What’s Wrong with Uncertainty? – Understanding why we have a tendency to consider uncertainty as a negative thing. Looking at the emotional aspects of making a change and transitioning to the new.
Fit Your Own Oxygen Mask First – To ensure others succeed and are happy, we must first work on our own emotions and ensure we are succeeding and positive. By building our own resilience, we can ensure we are being as effective as we can as a manager.
Certainty in the Face of Uncertainty – Using storytelling to help support your message, gain buy-in and create clarity. This approach will help build certainty and assurance in your team.
Setting Direction in Choppy Waters – Identifying the importance of productivity to the business and the impact of getting it wrong. Establishing what you can do to support your people and help them thrive.
Mental Wellbeing – Reviewing the impact of stress on a teams performance and focusing on some methods of overcoming this.
Building Trust and Connection – Developing a feeling of psychological safety in your teams and helping them to appreciate the value you offer to the team and the faith they can put in you.
As with all Trainer Bubble virtual training course materials, this session is interactive and engaging with plenty of activities and exercises throughout.
At the end of this Leading Through Uncertainty Virtual Training Course, your participants will be able to:
- Understand what happens to our brains when faced with uncertainty, as well as the emotions we may feel during periods of transition
- Explore how our own personal resilience needs to come first to effectively help others, and what we can do to help us thrive
- Plan how we can bring clarity, no matter how small, into uncertain situations
- Identify ways we can set direction in periods of uncertainty
- Understand what affects our people’s mental well-being, and how we can help support their human needs
- Build trust based and supportive relationships with your people