These Leading Through Uncertainty training course materials have been developed for both new and experienced managers who are finding that they are managing teams who are perhaps struggling to work in the face of uncertainty. They might be wondering about the best ways to manage wellbeing within the team, or how to land changes in a motivating way. Alternatively, they may realise that they too struggle in the face of uncertainty, and want to find ways to help keep themselves resilient while developing and supporting their team.
The training course will build self-awareness in your participants as well as giving them useful tools on how to manage through uncertainty, whilst supporting a team to thrive.
Training course contents:
The world is changing at an exponential rate, more than we’ve experienced in our lifetimes. Following the impact of a global pandemic, we are all experiencing brand new ways of working in a volatile and ever-changing environment. We have had to shift to managing our people from a distance, whilst ensuring we can help support the wellbeing of our teams at the same time. This creates new tensions and dynamics in the way we lead, and certainly won’t be the last periods of change we will experience.
The purpose of this “Leading through Uncertainty” workshop is to give your participants the tools to lead their people effectively through this, and any, periods of uncertainty. The course material looks at how to motivate and support people, whilst also ensuring personal resilience allows the opportunity to thrive during challenging and uncertain times.
Why is running this leading through uncertainty course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Understand the impacts of leading through a VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous)
- Plan for handling the emotional impacts of change
- Build their own resilience to be able to have more energy when leading in ambiguous situations
- Create compelling stories to help land clarity for teams
- Motivate their teams to thrive whilst working through uncertainty
- Support their team’s mental wellbeing, and create trusting and supportive relationships
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The main content of the training course materials…
The VUCA World We Live in – An introduction into the VUCA world (volatile, uncertain, complex, ambiguous) and how that may impact managers.
What’s Wrong with Uncertainty? – A deep dive into why the brain handles uncertainty as a negative, and a look at some of the emotions we can feel whilst going through change and transitions.
Fit Your Own Oxygen Mask First – To lead, we need to ensure we are personally thriving. This session will look at how you can build your resilience to ensure you’re an effective manager.
Certainty in the Face of Uncertainty – An exploration into how to start giving teams certainty where you can by creating and delivering compelling stories to create clarity.
Setting Direction in Choppy Waters – A chance to explore productivity, the cost to business if we don’t get it right and how we can support our people to thrive.
Mental Wellbeing – A chance to explore stress, and how that may hinder a team.
Building Trust and Connection – The final part of the workshop will look at how we can strengthen the support mechanism for our people through building trust and psychological safety.
As with all Trainer Bubble training course materials, this session is interactive and engaging with plenty of activities and exercises throughout.
At the end of this Leading Through Uncertainty Training Course, your participants will be able to:
- Understand what happens to our brains when faced with uncertainty, as well as the emotions we may feel during periods of transition
- Explore how our own personal resilience needs to come first to effectively help others, and what we can do to help us thrive
- Plan how we can bring clarity, no matter how small, into uncertain situations
- Identify ways we can set direction in periods of uncertainty
- Understand what affects our people’s mental well-being, and how we can help support their human needs
- Build trust based and supportive relationships with your people