This Lone Working e-learning course is aimed at those people who need to be aware of the health and safety dangers of working alone.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us, and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Help protect your lone workers
A lone worker is ‘someone who works by themselves without close or direct supervision’ and there are all sorts of jobs which involve lone working. Employers are responsible for the health, safety and welfare at work of all their workers, which includes any lone workers they may have.
This e-learning course aims to ensure that employers and employees have a clear understanding of what is expected of them from a health and safety perspective where lone working is required. The course will help raise their awareness of the inherent dangers of working alone and then help them assess any risks prior to doing so. They are also provided with a checklist to follow, which helps ensure any risks are consistently reviewed.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that either manages workers that are required to work alone, or for the workers themselves.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions, downloads and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, health and safety regulations makes employers responsible for the health, safety and welfare at work of all their workers. This is no different for lone workers. With this e-learning course:
- Explain what Lone Working is and what the responsibilities of employers and employees are
- Identify how lone worker risks can be managed and avoided
- Establish what supervision requirements might be required for lone workers
- Define methods to assess the risks of lone working
- Follow a clear the checklist when working alone
- Establish a lone worker policy
- Explain what a lone worker is
- Review examples of different situations where a worker may be classed as a lone worker
- Understand what an employer’s responsibilities are towards a lone worker
- Explore an example of where lone working would be illegal or not recommended.
- Identify examples of situations which present a higher risk to lone workers
- Describe ‘triggers’ which could cause a harmful incident towards a lone worker
- Establish the affect that lone working can have on a person’s mental health and some of the reasons for this
- Review situations which would need to have prepared procedures in place.
- Explain what the level of lone worker supervision should be based on
- List ways managers can supervise lone workers
- Review examples of how supervision might vary from worker to worker
- Review examples of how technology can be used to help supervise lone workers.
- Identify the steps that an employer would take to identify and control the health and safety risks of lone workers
- Explore examples of hazards that a lone worker might face
- Review what is contained in a risk assessment
- Evaluate what a lone worker policy is and what is should contain.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.