E-Learning Course Content:
This Lone Working e-learning course is aimed at those people who need to be aware of the health and safety dangers of working alone.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Help protect your lone workers
A lone worker is ‘someone who works by themselves without close or direct supervision’ and there are all sorts of jobs which involve lone working. Employers are responsible for the health, safety and welfare at work of all their workers, which includes any lone workers they may have.
This e-learning course aims to ensure that employers and employees have a clear understanding of what is expected of them from a health and safety perspective where lone working is required. The course will help raise their awareness of the inherent dangers of working alone and then help them assess any risks prior to doing so. They are also provided with a checklist to follow, which helps ensure any risks are consistently reviewed.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that either manages workers that are required to work alone, or for the workers themselves.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions, downloads and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, health and safety regulations makes employers responsible for the health, safety and welfare at work of all their workers. This is no different for lone workers. With this e-learning course:
- Explain what Lone Working is and what the responsibilities of employers and employees are
- Identify how lone worker risks can be managed and avoided
- Establish what supervision requirements might be required for lone workers
- Define methods to assess the risks of lone working
- Follow a clear checklist when working alone
- Establish a lone worker policy
- Explain what a lone worker is
- Review examples of different situations where a worker may be classed as a lone worker
- Understand what an employer’s responsibilities are towards a lone worker
- Explore an example of where lone working would be illegal or not recommended.
- Identify examples of situations which present a higher risk to lone workers
- Describe ‘triggers’ which could cause a harmful incident towards a lone worker
- Establish the affect that lone working can have on a person’s mental health and some of the reasons for this
- Review situations which would need to have prepared procedures in place.
- Explain what the level of lone worker supervision should be based on
- List ways managers can supervise lone workers
- Review examples of how supervision might vary from worker to worker
- Review examples of how technology can be used to help supervise lone workers.
- Identify the steps that an employer would take to identify and control the health and safety risks of lone workers
- Explore examples of hazards that a lone worker might face
- Review what is contained in a risk assessment
- Evaluate what a lone worker policy is and what is should contain.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.