These management skills e-learning course materials are intended for those that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package (regardless of the number of students) making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick insight into this interactive e-learning course:
E-Learning Course Content:
People don’t work hard for a weak manager. Teams fail under the leadership of weak managers. And weak managers themselves have unremarkable and unsuccessful careers.
But great managers are the opposite. People love to work for a great manager. Great managers help lift their teams to new levels of performance. And those managers are highly valued in companies, ensuring they’re the ones that get the promotions and the lucrative salaries.
What’s the difference between the weak manager and the great one? It’s simple: great managers are not born that way; they have to work at it – they’ve studied how to become great. In this e-learning course your learners will gain the fundamental ideas, techniques and mindset they need to become a better manager.
This e-learning course is perfect for new managers, looking to improve their skills. But your learners will find it useful even if they’ve been a manager for some time. This might include:
- Current and aspiring managers
- Team leaders and supervisors
- Project managers and department heads
- It’s an e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Nine interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, images and videos
- Includes downloadable worksheets, video transcripts, quizzes and factsheets
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Course accredited by the CPD Verification Service
In this practical e-learning course we give your learners the tools and knowledge they need to become more effective managers. Your learners will:
- Have a better understanding of what it takes to be a great manager
- Avoid the common mistakes that most managers make
- Be better able to assess and improve team performance
- Improve vital communication skills
- Gain essential planning, organisational and decision making skills
- Be better able to handle conflict and difficult conversations
- Become more valuable to their company and so enjoy more successful careers.
- What exactly is management?
- What’s the difference between management and leadership?
- Assess your own management skills
- Learn about the 6 management styles (and when you should use them)
- Understand the common traps new managers fall into
- Discover how the role of the manager is changing.
- Learn why great managers are great problem solvers
- What kind of problem solver are you?
- How to adopt a systematic and logical approach to solving problems
- Learn the 8 steps in the Simplex Model and how they’ll help you solve problems
- Understand why it’s important to look for problems you can’t see.
- Learn why a decision making system is going to make you a better manager
- What are the similarities between systematic decision making and systematic problem solving?
- Learn how a decision matrix helps you better assess a range of competing options
- Understand the role of gut instinct in decision making
- What are the common decision making mistakes managers make?
- Understand the subtle but crucial difference between goals, objectives and strategies
- How to use SMART objectives to become a better manager
- What are KPIs and how do different teams use them?
- What are leading and lagging performance indicators (and why do you need both)?
- Understand the key components of effective project management
- Compare a traditional project management style with a more agile approach.
- Learn why delegation is crucial to your success as a manager
- Perform a self-assessment on your delegation style
- When is it best to delegate and when is it not?
- Learn the 10 step process for effective delegation
- Understand the vital link between delegation and recognition
- Learn why it’s important not to get M.A.D.
- Learn the 7 Cs of effective communication
- What are the barriers to good communication?
- How to prepare for and deliver a group presentation
- Learn how to handle difficult conversations like a pro
- Learn to be assertive without being aggressive
- Learn how to build rapport and motivate others.
- What are the core team management skills you need?
- Learn how to build and coach a strong team
- Why you need to go beyond the “carrot and the stick” approach to motivate your team
- Learn how to manage conflict (while not trying to avoid it completely)
- How not to waste your time in ineffective meetings
- How to use a team charter to take your team to the next level.
- Discover a new way of looking at performance management
- Learn how to tackle the the common causes of poor performance
- Learn how the Annual Performance Cycle will help you improve your team
- How to use the DESC Model for more cooperative communication.
- View and complete a team health check questionnaire
- Get a PowerPoint template to use to share the results with you team
- Get guidance on how to interpret the results so you can make positive changes
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Contact us for more information.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Contact us for more information.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.