Don’t have time to deliver a full days training or wider programme? These 1 Hour Training Bubbles have been developed for the busy trainer or line manager that wants to get a message across, but needs to reduce the impact to working operations.
Developed for use in meetings or as part of stand-alone training session. These short, succinct 1 Hour Training Bubbles enable you to deliver effective training sessions that get the key message across and retain participant involvement.
Although the design of these materials deviates slightly from our usual style, the content is presented in such a way that anyone can deliver the training sessions. The training materials are clear, precise and to the point. They also include a special handout for participants to take away key information.
As usual, they are presented in Word and PowerPoint format, so they can be fully altered and edited to suit your individual needs.
Training course contents:
Each pack contains: Session Notes, Handout and Slides.
All the training materials necessary to run your own, ‘Managers Guide to Giving Appraisals’ 1 hour training session:
Appraisals are a very important time for most employees. The line manager acts as a mediator between the interests of the organisation and the interests of the individual. The key aspects to a successful appraisal are preparation and following a successful formula during the review.
The key aims of the ‘Managers Guide to Giving Appraisals’ course is to recognise the importance of the line manager’s role when giving appraisals
1. Understand the end to end process of giving appraisals
- Interim and quarterly reviews
2. Recognise how to review performance and behaviours
- What they did and how they did it
3. Describe the various methods of providing evidence for appraisals
- Targets – outputs, sales, cost etc.
- Tasks or Projects
4. Identify the do’s and don’ts during the appraisal
- Do – listen, use silence, question, confirm, challenge and praise etc.
- Don’t – focus on just one task or impressions etc.
5. Identify the core models to help assess individuals during their appraisal
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Managers Guide to Giving Appraisals’ training course your participants will be able to:
- Explain the end to end process of holding effective appraisals
- Recognise the need to review both performance and behaviours
- Describe the importance of preparation and evidence for appraisals
- Identify various models to help you give effective appraisal