Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
Anyone that manages or leads people in a remote or virtual environment would benefit from the training provided by these Managing a Virtual Team virtual training materials. The course would suit people managing teams that work from home, on the road, at various locations or any other situation where the team are not based in the same place from day to day.
Training course contents:
Managing a Virtual Team Virtual Training Materials
Managing Virtual Teams has become a hot topic over the last few years. People are now much more likely to work from home, from their car, at alternative locations, or even on the other side of the world, which means managers might rarely see them.
Consequently, managers that are asked to lead these virtual teams not only face the usual leadership dilemmas, they also have to be able to adapt to these challenges in an environment where the rules have changed.
Managing virtual teams requires a different approach. It means developing new skills, communication methodologies and techniques to get the best out of teams and improve organisational and personal performance.
Perhaps you’ve always had virtual teams and you want to make your managers more effective. Or you want to refocus existing teams by developing your management team skills. Whatever your need, Trainer Bubble provides you with a comprehensive training course on managing a virtual team that will make your life easy.
Why is running this virtual team training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Inspire their virtual teams, bringing out the best in each and every individual.
- Overcome the barriers and isolation that working remotely can cause.
- Develop a virtual team that works collaboratively and with the interests of the organisation at heart.
- Increase their teams performance though clear goal setting and communication.
- Improve the effective use of technology within the organisation.
- Develop trusting relationships that ensure the team work towards common goals.
- Keep their teams happy and reduce staff turnaround.
Ultimately these training course materials allow you to nurture a virtual team that is more motivated, inspired and productive. You need to know that your managers can effectively lead remote workers. And now you have the training course materials to do it.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: powerpoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These managing a virtual team training – virtual training materials will provide your participants with the tools and techniques to overcome the challenges of a virtual manager. They will be provided with practical tips to help them lead effectively, communicate successfully and consequently increase the performance of their virtual or remote team.
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
What is a Virtual Team? – Providing the scope and broad definitions of various situations that constitute managing a virtual or remote team.
Benefits and Challenges – Identifying the benefits and challenges that face a manager of a virtual teams and suggesting the mindset that a virtual manager needs to develop.
Competencies and Skills – Establishing the competencies and skills of a virtual manager and acknowledging where their may be development opportunities.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part One – The first part of a case study that follows Steve on his virtual team management journey. What challenges and opportunities are there for Steve with his new team?
Building a Virtual Team – What does a virtual team require from their manager to be a success and what ground rules should be set?
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Two – How should Steve set up his initial meeting with his team? What should be included and how should he approach this?
Working on Trust – What traits build trust in a virtual team and how can the participants demonstrate this with their teams?
Using Technology Effectively – Reviewing the tools available to the virtual manager and knowing which tool is better to use for each situation.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Three – How can Steve resolve the challenges that he is facing with his virtual team? What should he do and how could he have avoided them in the first place?
Communication Skills – What is the best practice of communication with a virtual team and how can we ensure our communication approach is effective?
Feedback Skills – Understanding the purpose and guiding principles of feedback and developing an approach to feedback preparation.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Four – What can Steve do to resolve the problem of a poorly performing virtual employee? How could he have avoided the problem in the first place?
Managing Performance from a Distance – How to monitor virtual work, set goals and provide effective reviews without micro-managing or losing control of the team.
Session Recap – An activity review of the core elements of the training course ready to feed into the personal action plan.
At the end of this managing a virtual team – virtual training course, your participants will be able to:
- Understand and develop the skills required to effectively manage a virtual team
- Build engagement and trust with members of their virtual team
- Effectively use technology and tools to support communication within the team
- Improve their communication and feedback approach with their virtual team
- Track progress and performance management of team members to achieve success