Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
These Managing a Virtual Team virtual training materials are useful for employees that lead remote teams or those that are not often in the same place at the same time. This could include people who work from home or at different locations. The course can also suit people that lead teams on different shifts or where people are not based in the same location from day to day. Sometimes, it can even be the manager that is remote, while the employees are all in the same location. The content will suit a variety of alternative scenarios as generally, the principles are the same.
Training course contents:
Managing a Virtual Team Virtual Training Materials
Managing Virtual Teams has become increasingly important for organisations that want to build an effective workforce. The workplace is becoming increasingly flexible with more people being given alternative working arrangements such as working from home. There are also roles that require people to work on the road and from their car. Some managers are required to lead teams that are at alternative locations or geographically spread, which means managers might rarely see them in a face to face setting.
Modern technology has made these remote working scenarios much more prevalent. However, this has thrown up new problems for leaders who need to be able to adapt to new ways of working and manage a team that they rarely see in person.
Leading a virtual team means developing a new set of skills, changing how we communicate and developing management skills that will help get the best out of people in order to improve organisational performance. It’s also important to understand the needs of those people who work remotely and understand that they have different requirements to those based in an office every day.
It may be that you have always had virtual teams, but want to help develop your managers skills. Or, it could be a new way of working for you and you need your leaders to understand how best to approach remote working. Whatever the scenario, these virtual training course materials will assist you in developing leaders that can effectively manage the important virtual workers in your organisation.
Why is running this virtual team training course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Inspire the remote workers in their team and get the best out of them.
- Focus on the barriers and any isolation issues that virtual working causes.
- Help develop teams that work together, even though they may be apart physically.
- Set clear goals and communicate effectively, to get the best out of people.
- Effectively use technology and the tools available for remote working.
- Build trust – A key element of managing virtual teams.
- Create a virtual environment that makes people want to work for your organisation.
Ultimately these virtual training course materials allow you to nurture a virtual team that remains motivated and works productively. Teams that you can trust to deliver on their targets. You need to know that your managers can effectively lead their remote teams and these virtual training materials give you the ability to do that.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: powerpoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These managing a virtual team – virtual training materials have been designed to be delivered over videoconference facilities. They will help ensure your participants have all the tools and techniques required to become an effective virtual manager. The training will support them with the practicalities of leading remote teams, increase their communication skills and help them to develop and nurture a strong remote workforce.
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
What is a Virtual Team? – Reviewing what constitutes a virtual or remote team and understanding the key principles.
Benefits and Challenges – Understanding the challenges that leading a virtual team can present and establishing how a leader can improve their approach to working with remote employees. Highlighting the benefits that working with virtual teams can provide.
Competencies and Skills – Looking at what is required to be an effective virtual manager and how these skills might be developed. Considering a plan for this development.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part One – Introducing Steve who is embarking on his new role as a virtual manager and establishing the pitfalls and challenges he may face. Identifying opportunities for effectively working with his team.
Building a Virtual Team – Establishing ground rules and understanding what requirements a virtual team might have of their manager.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Two – Looking at how Steve sets up his initial team meeting and exploring what he needs to focus on and communicate at this early stage.
Working on Trust – Building trust is one of the key elements of working with remote teams. Here we look at the traits required and how to nurture an environment of trust and caring within a team.
Using Technology Effectively – Understanding the best tools for working remotely and how to get the most out of them. Applying the best tool for the particular situation.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Three – Steve has come across some key challenges with his team. How can he best overcome these challenges and keep them on track? Where were the mistakes made and what can he do to overcome them?
Communication Skills – How should we approach communication with our team to ensure we are getting the best out of them? Different people may have separate communication needs and this can alter depending on the circumstances. Addressing these communication challenges.
Feedback Skills – Preparing feedback so that it is appreciated and taken in good faith. Appreciating the importance of good feedback and your reason for delivering it. Establishing the key principles.
Virtual Team Case Study, Part Four – One of Steve’s employees is performing poorly. What can he do to address this and improve performance? How could he have prevented this happening in the first place?
Managing Performance from a Distance – Avoiding a micro-managing approach, while successfully monitoring team performance, setting goals and reviewing performance against those goals.
Session Recap – A review of the main elements of the learning session, ready to feed into a personal action plan.
At the end of this managing a virtual team – virtual training course, your participants will be able to:
- Understand and develop the skills required to effectively manage a virtual team
- Build engagement and trust with members of their virtual team
- Effectively use technology and tools to support communication within the team
- Improve their communication and feedback approach with their virtual team
- Track progress and performance management of team members to achieve success