These manual handling e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Poor manual handling techniques is one of the major causes of workplace injuries. There are over a million people in the UK who suffer from back pain caused or made worse by injuries that occurred while working. But this problem is preventable. In this fun, comic-book style e-learning course, you will learn everything you need to know to lift safely and prevent injury.
This course is essential health safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for anyone who has to handle or lift goods and materials in their job.
However, while some professions (such as warehouse and factory workers) may be more at risk of back injuries, the truth is anyone can be injured. Even if you’re an office worker sitting at a computer screen, you could from time to time need to lift something heavy.
- Essential health and safety training for all
- Particularly relevant for manual jobs
- Or anyone who has to lift or move goods at work
- Important for jobs of all descriptions
- Perfect for employee induction processes
- It’s an e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Interactive comic book story format
- Blending text, graphics, images and videos
- Includes downloadable worksheets
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited course – CPD Verification Service
The reasons to protect your body from injury are self-evident. This course will help bring this important health and safety measure to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course they will:
- Learn why a good manual lifting technique is so important
- Learn how to minimise risk of injury with good handling techniques
- Learn the four main causes of back pain
- Use L.I.T.E to perform effective risk assessment before lifting
- Understand basic spinal structure and biomechanics
- Understand the key elements of the Manual Handling Operations Regulations (1992)
Follow Tony and Vinny as they take you on a journey through the key elements of Manual Handling and how to protect your back. This e-learning course is fun while getting the key message across regarding the important safety elements of manual handling in the workplace.
Definition of manual handling – A clear explanation and review of what manual handling means according to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
Understanding your anatomy – Explanation of the function and role of the spine. How injuries can occur and the best working positions for the spine including a description of the spine as a lever.
The Main Causes of Back Pain – Establishing what causes back pain typically in order to be more aware of the issue.
Manual Handling Regulations – An overview of the regulations surrounding manual handling, including the employee and employer’s duties.
Assessment and lifting – Guidelines and demonstration on how to assess and manage a safe load. Using the LITE technique to demonstrate this, which is Load, Individual, Task, Environment.
The Six Point Lift – Following this lifting technique to ensure a lift can be performed as a smooth process placing the minimum of effort, stress and tension on the body and helping to reduce the likelihood of a cumulative injury.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.