Don’t have time to deliver a full days training or wider programme? These 1 Hour Training Bubbles have been developed for the busy trainer or line manager that wants to get a message across, but needs to reduce the impact to working operations.
Developed for use in meetings or as part of stand-alone training session. These short, succinct 1 Hour Training Bubbles enable you to deliver effective training sessions that get the key message across and retain participant involvement.
Although the design of these materials deviates slightly from our usual style, the content is presented in such a way that anyone can deliver the training sessions. The training materials are clear, precise and to the point. They also include a special handout for participants to take away key information.
As usual, they are presented in Word and PowerPoint format, so they can be fully altered and edited to suit your individual needs.
Training course contents:
Each pack contains: Session Notes, Handout and Slides.
All the training materials necessary to run your own, ‘Manual Handling Refresher’ 1 hour training session:
Over a quarter of all accidents reported each year to the Health and Safety Executive and local authorities arise from manual handling. It is vital everyone gets to know how to adopt the correct lifting position, to use within the workplace, for their own health and safety.
The key aim of these Manual Handling Refresher training course materials is to help your participants avoid manual handling hazards by using correct lifting and handling techniques.
1. The importance of assessing a load before lifting
- Weight, size, shape and stability of a load
2. The safe movement of a load
- Ensure the area is clear of all tripping hazards
3. Correct lifting technique
- Firm base (Stance, stability, position, mobility, feet)
- Unlock Knees and hips
- Even Posture (Shoulders, hips and knees)
- Natural Curves (Head leading)
- Control (Load, close to body, grip, centre of gravity)
- Your Thighs (Let them do the work)
4. Practical demonstration
5. Recognise the Manual Handling Safe Systems of Work (SSOW)
At this end of this 1 hour, ‘Manual Handling Refresher’ training course your participants will be able to:
- Identify the method to use when lifting a load (GRASP)
- Demonstrate a correct lifting technique
- Recognise the manual handling Safe System of Work