These Manual Handling at Work e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
No one plans to injure themselves while lifting or moving items at work. But it happens, a lot. Poor manual handling technique is a major cause of workplace injuries. And the subsequent musculoskeletal injuries sustained can range from mild discomfort to severe pain to more serious life-changing conditions.
And it’s not just about the injury to your body. Lengthy absence from your work can be damaging to your bank balance, your career and your happiness, too. This short e-learning course will help you understand the fundamentals of manual handling to help you avoid injuries and stay fit and healthy at work.
Who’s it for?
This course is suitable for anyone that has to move items as part of their work (even office workers get injured). But it’s particularly important if your job involves physical work. High rates of injury occur in the following groups:
- Construction workers and tradespeople
- Nurses and elderly care workers
- Farmers and other agricultural occupations
- Postal, courier and delivery workers
- Warehouse and retail stock personnel
- Those over 45 years old.
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing three interactive module
- Blending text, graphics, images and audio
- Get downloadable worksheets
- On-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Why manual handling is important
- Learn the safety factors to consider beyond simply the weight of the item
- What are the most common manual handling injuries sustained?
- Realise just how common manual handling injuries are
- Learn the 3 steps to reduce or avoid manual handling risks.
Module 2 – Manual handling tasks
- Learn the key manual handling risk factors
- Learn manual handling best practice to reduce your risk of injury
- Learn how to use TILE to reduce pushing and pulling injuries
Module 3 – FAQ phone in
- How does health and safety legislation protect employees?
- What can be done to prevent manual handling injuries?
- Are there recommended weight limits for manual handling?
- What is the correct lifting technique?
Module Four – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
The reasons to create a safe working environment where Manual Handling at Work is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of Manual Handling at Work to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Learn why manual handling technique is so important
- Learn how to minimise the risk of injury
- Understand more about how the law protects employees
- Learn the fundamentals of manual handling to stay safe at work
- Avoid painful injuries and forced time off work.
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.