E-Learning Course Content:
This Manual Handling at Work e-learning course provides practical hints and tips on how employees should lift, pull and push objects at work in order to protect themselves from injury.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Manual Handling at Work
No one plans to injure themselves while lifting or moving items at work. But it happens, a lot. Poor manual handling technique is a major cause of workplace injuries. And the subsequent musculoskeletal injuries sustained can range from mild discomfort to severe pain to more serious life-changing conditions.
And it’s not just about the injury to your body. Lengthy absence from your work can be damaging to your bank balance, your career and your happiness, too. This short e-learning course will help you understand the fundamentals of manual handling to help you avoid injuries and stay fit and healthy at work.
This course is suitable for anyone that has to move items as part of their work (even office workers get injured). But it’s particularly important if your job involves physical work. High rates of injury occur in the following groups:
- Construction workers and tradespeople
- Nurses and elderly care workers
- Farmers and other agricultural occupations
- Postal, courier and delivery workers
- Warehouse and retail stock personnel
- Those over 45 years old.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing three interactive module
- Blending text, graphics, images and audio
- Get downloadable worksheets
- On-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
The reasons to create a safe working environment where Manual Handling at Work is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of Manual Handling at Work to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Learn why manual handling techniques are so important
- Learn how to minimise the risk of injury
- Understand more about how the law protects employees
- Learn the fundamentals of manual handling to stay safe at work
- Avoid painful injuries and forced time off work.
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
- Learn the safety factors to consider beyond simply the weight of the item
- What are the most common manual handling injuries sustained?
- Realise just how common manual handling injuries are
- Learn the 3 steps to reduce or avoid manual handling risks.
- Learn the key manual handling risk factors
- Learn manual handling best practice to reduce your risk of injury
- Learn how to use TILE to reduce pushing and pulling injuries
How does health and safety legislation protect employees?
- What can be done to prevent manual handling injuries?
- Are there recommended weight limits for manual handling?
- What is the correct lifting technique?
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.