This Matrix Management e-learning course looks at the important topic of matrix management and what this means for organisations that implement this organisational structure.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Understand the benefits and potential pitfalls of the matrix management approach to organisational structure.
Matrix management is becoming a common structure for many organisations today. It’s a flexible approach to organising and managing teams and provides many opportunities to better share resources and skills within a business. It’s a collaborative approach that can increase engagement, provide career opportunities for employees, and deliver new and exciting ways of working.
A matrix style of management is not without its dangers though and some of the early implementations highlighted risks that businesses have learned to avoid with some adaptation of the original approach. Matrix Management 2.0 has consequently become the more usual framework.
This Matrix Management e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with a thorough understanding of this approach to organisational structure. It looks at the theory behind the concept and then expands into the nuts and bolts of making it work within your organisation.
This course is suitable for the leaders within your business and will help anyone who is involved in the collaboration of employees and teams. This could include:
- Project Managers
- Team leaders
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing five interactive modules
- Includes relevant hints, tips and resources
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, this course will provide your learners with the opportunity to fully understand matrix management and how it works in practice. With this e-learning course:
- Understand organisational structures and why a business might benefit from a matrix management structure
- Identify why different structures fail and how to avoid any pitfalls
- Implement Matrix Management 2.0 and the business processes behind it
- Appreciate the benefits of a matrix management approach on employees and the organisation
- Establish how collaborative management can work for your organisation
- Follow a clear process for implementing matrix management
- Explore a case study that will help you better understand issues and concerns
- Explore why an organisational structure is necessary
- Identify the features of a vertical structure
- Review the disadvantages of a vertical structure
- Understand a matrix management structure
- Investigate one of the main problems with early matrix management.
- Examine how a horizontal dimension in an organisation works
- Review three types of business processes
- Assess the main assumptions behind matrix management
- Evaluate the implications matrix management has for leaders and the skills they need.
- Explore the advantages of working in a matrix environment for an individual including:
- an increased sense of engagement
- opportunities for career development
- increased opportunities for working abroad
- learning new ways of working.
- Analyse some of the differences between traditional and collaborative management
- Identify why it is important to recognise when things have gone wrong and how this can help improve future performance
- Explore features of collaborative management and three different organisational levels
- Establish some things that collaborative leaders can do, and the way they can be that will help in a collaborative environment.
- Follow a simple five step process for migrating to matrix management
- Review examples of what can go wrong when implementing a matrix system and what one company learnt from its mistakes.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.