One in four people in the UK will have a mental health problem at some point in their life and stress, anxiety and depression are the biggest cause of sick absence at work. While mental health problems are common and can typically be treated relatively easily, there is often still a stigma attached to the topic.
Fortunately, improving the mental health of employees has become a priority for most businesses who now recognise the benefits a positive approach to mental wellbeing can have. It has become clear that by raising awareness of mental health issues, businesses are better able to assist employees in taking care of themselves and those around them.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Mental Health at Work
Help create a healthy workplace for everyone.
This mental health e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with a wide understanding of mental health issues and the signs to look out for with their colleagues and themselves. The aim is to support the promotion of a safe and respectful workplace culture, with teams that are better equipped to manage concerns that arise around mental health and actively support each other.
By creating an environment that promotes wellbeing, employees feel supported and valued.
The first three modules of this Mental Health at Work E-Learning Course will help raise your learner’s awareness of mental health issues. Giving them an understanding of the potential issues and the confidence to raise concerns about mental health, whether it be their own or that of their colleagues.
The final three modules of the e-learning course focus on a leader’s role in supporting mental health issues at work. Raising their ability to identify and manage concerns around the mental health of employees while creating a positive culture and a healthy workplace.
Part 1 of this e-learning (modules 1 – 3) is aimed at all employees within your organisation.
Part 2 (modules 4 – 6) is aimed at the leaders within your organisation, who are more likely to be those that identify and manage mental health issues at work.
The e-learning course is designed so that all employees can take modules 1 – 3 and leaders would take the entire course.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing six interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and questionnaire
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification – this course has two assessments included – one aimed at employees who only do modules 1-3 and one for those that complete the entire course
To put it simply, it’s time to change the way we think of, and approach, mental health in the workplace. With this e-learning course:
- Understand mental health and why it is important to create a workplace culture that supports it
- Review the different types of personality disorders that can arise, what to look out for and the symptoms
- Review the different types of mental illness that can exist, what to look out for and the symptoms
- Recognise the impact of mental health in the workplace
- Know what to do when mental health issues arise in the workplace
- Establish methods of talking about mental health in the workplace
- Help create a positive healthy workplace environment where individuals are supported, and plans are in place to manage concerns
- Identify current competencies for managing mental health and developing an action plan to fill any gaps
- Review some of the relevant statistics around mental health
- Identify what mental health is and give some examples
- Establish some of the legal requirements around mental health
- Explore how having a mentally healthy workforce can help an organisation.
- Understand how personality disorders differ from a mental health illness
- Compare the difference between a personality trait and a personality disorder
- Establish the three symptoms of personality clusters
- Review examples of how personality disorders are described in everyday language
- Identify why personality disorders are often difficult to diagnose.
- Explore how mental health issues can be caused or exacerbated by work
- Review and identify the symptoms, causes and common treatments for the following mental health conditions:
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Identify what presenteeism is and the impact it has on businesses
- Establish what percentage of employees are affected by mental health issues
- Understand what managers and employers should not do, if someone explains they have a mental health issue
- Review some of the legal responsibilities that employers have with regard to mental health issues
- Establish an outline for talking about mental health issues.
- Know why preventing mental health issues is as important as making provisions for those who already have an issue
- Identify eight areas where changes can be made to create a healthier work environment:
- awareness of mental health issues
- supporting individuals
- building skills and resilience
- facilitating access to support services
- promoting positive job roles
- assessing risks
- Understand the importance of policies related to mental health
- Review how an action plan could be implemented.
- Take a questionnaire to establish how competent they feel they are as managers in these four areas:
- Managing emotions and having integrity
- Communicating existing and future work
- Supporting the individual within the team
- Managing difficult situations.
- Identify what actions they think they should take next in terms of their professional development in this area
- Develop a mental health policy
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.