E-Learning Course Content:
Millions of people have either suffered mental health problems themselves or been impacted by the effect is has had on loved-ones. Fortunately, mental health is not the taboo subject it once was and people have become more willing to open up about issues that previously would have been avoided. However, there is still lots to be done and it’s important that we do all we can to help raise awareness of mental health and how it may affect people, both at home and in the workplace.
This mental health awareness course aims to support your employees and bring the topic into their consciousness so that they are aware of the impact poor mental health can have on themselves and others.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Training course contents:
Mental Health Awareness
Raise awareness of mental health issues in your workplace.
This mental health awareness e-learning course sets out to ensure your employees appreciate the importance of being aware of the potential for mental health issues in the workplace and how they can support others. It encourages them to consider the practical steps they can take to discuss concerns and apply actions to help those that might need additional help to overcome challenges.
Learners are given the chance to review methods of creating a healthier workplace and putting steps in place to ensure people get the support when it is needed. This is underpinned by a stress competency indicator that helps identify any weaknesses in their current skillset, so that they can develop personal skills to improve their ability to address the needs of others.
The main aim of the content is to help support a culture of support and wellbeing.
This course is aimed at developing the general awareness of mental health issues in the workplace, which means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing three interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and questionnaire
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
To put it simply, this course will help raise awareness of mental health issues in the workplace. With this e-learning course:
- Understand mental health and why it is important to create a workplace culture that supports it
- Recognise the impact of mental health in the workplace
- Know what to do when mental health issues arise in the workplace
- Establish methods of talking about mental health in the workplace
- Help create a positive healthy workplace environment where individuals are supported, and plans are in place to manage concerns
- Identify current competencies for managing mental health and developing an action plan to fill any gaps
- Identify what presenteeism is and the impact it has on businesses
- Establish what percentage of employees are affected by mental health issues
- Understand what managers and employers should not do, if someone explains they have a mental health issue
- Review some of the legal responsibilities that employers have with regard to mental health issues
- Establish an outline for talking about mental health issues.
- Know why preventing mental health issues is as important as making provisions for those who already have an issue
- Identify eight areas where changes can be made to create a healthier work environment:
- awareness of mental health issues
- supporting individuals
- building skills and resilience
- facilitating access to support services
- promoting positive job roles
- assessing risks
- Understand the importance of policies related to mental health
- Review how an action plan could be implemented.
- Take a questionnaire to establish how competent they feel they are as managers in these four areas:
- Managing emotions and having integrity
- Communicating existing and future work
- Supporting the individual within the team
- Managing difficult situations.
- Identify what actions they think they should take next in terms of their professional development in this area
- Develop a mental health policy
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.