Virtual Training Materials – These materials have been adapted from the corresponding classroom course materials that you will also find on our website. However, we have changed the structure and content so that it better suits delivery in a virtual environment such as a video conference call, which helps with training of remote workers. This means no major alteration to the content, but the structure and method of delivery will have altered.
These Mentor Training virtual course materials are suitable for those who are or aspire to be mentors. They provide information on the knowledge and skills required to perform the role as mentor and also include detailed guidance that can be utilised throughout the participants time in the role.
Training course contents:
Mentoring is an important function throughout any business and many individuals have benefited from the support offered by a strong mentor. However, this role does not always come naturally and even the most seasoned leaders may struggle when it comes to sharing their experience in a mentoring role.
It’s an important skill that shouldn’t be left to chance and with the help of the knowledge provided by these virtual training course materials, the leaders in your business can learn to perform this role effectively and to a standard that helps provide all the guidance and support a mentee might need.
The virtual training course materials are aimed at providing the development required for this critical skill, while ensuring participants are equipped with the guidance and knowledge required to make a success of their mentoring.
Why use virtual training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: PowerPoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
The main content of the virtual training course materials…
These Mentor Virtual Training course materials will help develop the mentoring skills of your participants and ensure they have all the skills required to meet their responsibilities in the role. The content will help them appreciate the important role a mentor plays in the development of others and what they need to do to ensure a successful relationship with those they mentor. The mentor training materials focus on the following areas:
Roles and Responsibilities – Understanding the relationship of the mentor and mentee and how to get the most out of it. This includes a review of the roles as they move through the stages of mentoring.
Code of Practice and Confidentiality – The importance of maintaining a professional approach to mentoring where each person feels safe and confident that discretion is maintained throughout the process.
Mentoring Agreement – Establishing the need for a clear mentoring agreement between the mentor and mentee and practicing the development of an agreement that can be used to improve the mentoring experience.
Encouraging Reflection – Exploring the important role that personal reflection plays during mentoring and how this skill should be highlighted and encouraged. Using the Gibbs model of reflection as a structured approach.
Facilitative Vs. Directive Mentoring – Reviewing the different approaches to mentoring and establishing when you should challenge and when you should instruct to help ensure you get the best out of your mentee.
Using Questions – Evaluating a variety of questions that you can use to gain the best response and lead a mentee to the best solution.
Giving Feedback – Working with a clear feedback model to guide us through the process and ensure that we pick the best level of feedback to suit the circumstances. Includes a review of how to implement effective feedback.
So, you’re ready to be a mentor? – A chance to practice the skills learnt throughout the modules and to review in a safe environment.
As with all Trainer Bubble training courses, these virtual training course materials are designed to be highly participative and involve the learners throughout.
Please note: As well as the usual contents of Trainer Bubble Training Packs, you will also receive a Mentor Guidelines document and a Mentor Manual.
At the end of this mentor virtual training course your participants will be able to:
- Explain the mentor/mentee relationship and the roles and responsibilities
- Develop a clear set of guidelines and principles for a successful mentor relationship
- Understand and use specific tools to help you provide effective support for the mentee
- Confidently deliver exceptional mentor support