These Mentoring e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
Mentoring, in a business sense, is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development. The mentor is usually an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with a less experienced person – the mentee.
There are many similarities between coaching and mentoring, but perhaps one of the main differences is that a mentor is often an expert, or at least highly experienced, in the area they are mentoring in, whereas a coach needn’t be.
Some mentors focus on helping their mentees develop their career path by giving advice on things like how to progress ‘up the ladder’. Others see their role as supporting the mentee as a person and focusing on how they can help them develop as individuals. There’s a great deal of variety in mentoring situations and the approaches mentors use. Some can be quite challenging and require the mentor to adapt to the situation and be flexible.
This mentoring e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with a wide understanding of the role of mentoring as well as a key set of tools that they can transfer to the workplace.
Although this e-learning course is predominantly aimed at the mentor, it is equally useful for mentee and will give both an understanding of what is expected of them. The e-learning will ensure the learners have everything they need to ensure they establish effective mentoring relationships.
Who is it for?
It’s important that both a mentee and a mentor are aware of what is expected of them during the mentoring process. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, videos and case studies
- Get downloadable factsheets and toolkits
- Regular on-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – What is mentoring?
- Establish the role of the mentor and mentee
- Identify the main difference between mentoring and coaching
- Explore different types of mentoring e.g. sponsorship and guide
- Recognise the difference between a directive and non-directive style of mentoring
- Know why mentoring and managing can create a conflict of interest.
Module 2 – The mentoring process
- Review a basic mentoring lifecycle
- Explore and download the documents which are helpful when starting the mentoring process
- Establish the importance of a mentoring agreement
- Identify the main areas of a mentoring agreement.
Module 3 – Mentoring toolkit
Look at key mentoring tools:
- Gibb’s reflection model
- Ways of reflecting.
- Goals versus objectives
- Goals as a destination
- Types of objectives
- Golden rules for goals setting.
- Different types of questions and their purposes
- Different responses to questions
- Dealing with evasive responses
- Giving understanding responses.
Closing the relationship
- When to close a relationship early
- What should happen before the mentoring ends
- What should be covered in a final mentoring session.
Module 4 – Case studies
Consider three scenarios and decided how you would approach the situations. The situations include:
- Senior management – career development
- Junior staff with little ambition
- Problems due to complacency
Module 5 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Create effective mentoring relationships within your organisation
To put it simply, developing mentoring skills is absolutely critical for both a mentor and a mentee. With this course:
- Understand the mentoring relationship and how a mentor and mentee work together
- Appreciate how mentoring and coaching differ
- Review the mentoring process from setting an agreement to closing the relationship
- Using mentoring tools in areas such as; Reflection, Goal Setting, Questioning and ensuring effective actions.
- Review case studies to practice the skills learnt
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.