E-Learning Course Content:
This Mentoring e-learning course is aimed at developing the skills of the mentor and helping ensure they know what is expected of them and how to make the process a success.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Mentoring, in a business sense, is a relationship between two people with the goal of professional and personal development. The mentor is usually an experienced individual who shares knowledge, experience, and advice with a less experienced person – the mentee.
There are many similarities between coaching and mentoring, but perhaps one of the main differences is that a mentor is often an expert, or at least highly experienced, in the area they are mentoring in, whereas a coach needn’t be.
Some mentors focus on helping their mentees develop their career path by giving advice on things like how to progress ‘up the ladder’. Others see their role as supporting the mentee as a person and focusing on how they can help them develop as individuals. There’s a great deal of variety in mentoring situations and the approaches mentors use. Some can be quite challenging and require the mentor to adapt to the situation and be flexible.
This mentoring e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with a wide understanding of the role of mentoring as well as a key set of tools that they can transfer to the workplace.
It’s important that anyone asked to perform the role of mentor is made aware of what is expected of them during the mentoring process. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- Team leaders
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, videos and case studies
- Get downloadable factsheets and toolkits
- Regular on-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Create effective mentoring relationships within your organisation
Developing mentoring skills is absolutely critical for a mentor that wants to provide an effective mentoring relationship. With this course:
- Understand the mentoring relationship and how a mentor and mentee work together
- Appreciate how mentoring and coaching differ
- Review the mentoring process from setting an agreement to closing the relationship
- Using mentoring tools in areas such as; Reflection, Goal Setting, Questioning and ensuring effective actions.
- Review case studies to practice the skills learnt
- Establish the role of the mentor and mentee
- Identify the main difference between mentoring and coaching
- Explore different types of mentoring e.g. sponsorship and guide
- Recognise the difference between a directive and non-directive style of mentoring
- Know why mentoring and managing can create a conflict of interest.
- Review a basic mentoring lifecycle
- Explore and download the documents which are helpful when starting the mentoring process
- Establish the importance of a mentoring agreement
- Identify the main areas of a mentoring agreement.
Look at key mentoring tools:
- Gibb’s reflection model
- Ways of reflecting.
- Goals versus objectives
- Goals as a destination
- Types of objectives
- Golden rules for goals setting.
- Different types of questions and their purposes
- Different responses to questions
- Dealing with evasive responses
- Giving understanding responses.
Closing the relationship
- When to close a relationship early
- What should happen before the mentoring ends
- What should be covered in a final mentoring session.
Consider three scenarios and decided how you would approach the situations. The situations include:
- Senior management – career development
- Junior staff with little ambition
- Problems due to complacency
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.