These Musculoskeletal Disorder e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
We all have aches and pains from time to time and the chances are that some of these may have been caused by what’s known as a musculoskeletal disorder.
Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) are fairly common and affect the body’s joints, ligaments, muscles, nerves, tendons, and structures that support limbs, neck and back. They affect three main areas of the body; upper limb, back and lower limb.
When people suffer from an MSD, it can lead to a reduction in an individuals’ assessment of their general health, and to a reduction in their quality of life. MSDs are not always caused by work, but they are often made worse by the work we do and they often develop over time.
Work related MSDs account for 44% of the total number of work related illnesses. That’s about 553,000 current cases, and about 169,000 new cases a year.
In this Musculoskeletal Disorders e-learning course you’ll gain the knowledge and understanding required to help reduce the likely impact arising from MSD’s in the workplace.
The e-learning course is interactive and engaging, which helps make the learning easy and interesting to follow. It’s a fun way of learning the important principles of musculoskeletal disorders.
Why use this course?
The e-learning raises awareness of musculoskeletal disorders and provides important information that will help reduce the likelihood of MSD’s occurring.
Who is it for?
This musculoskeletal disorders e-learning course is essential health safety training. It’s particularly appropriate for people new to an organisation or for use as a refresher for existing employees.
While some professions may be more at risk of MSD’s, the truth is everyone in all types of roles have a part to play in ensuring safe working practices are in place. Health and Safety is the responsibility of everyone within an organisation.
In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this MSD e-learning becomes a part of each employee’s induction.
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics, images and videos
- On-going testing as your progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Understanding Musculoskeletal Disorders
- explain what a musculoskeletal disorder is
- describe the impact MSDs have on personal lives and the workforce
- describe typical symptoms of an MSD
- explain the three stages of MSD severity
- say what should be done if you think you have an MSD
Module 2 – The three main areas of MSD’s
- describe the three main areas of MSDs
- describe what activities typically cause MSDs in the three areas
- explain what precautions can be taken in each of the three main MSD areas
- describe other common types of MSD
Module 3 – Preventing MSD’s
- explain what a risk assessment is and when one should be carried out
- describe the key stages in a risk assessment
- explain the best way to deal with MSD hazards
- give examples of ways to prevent MSD hazards
Module 4 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
The reasons to create a safe working environment where health and safety is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of musculoskeletal disorders to the forefront of your learners mind. In this course, they’ll be able to:
- Explain what an MSD is and its impact on personal lives and the workforce
- Identify the typical symptoms of MSD’s
- Describe the three stages of MSD severity
- Understand what can be done to avoid MSD’s in the three areas
- Explain what a risk assessment is and how to carry one out
- Explain how best to deal with MSD hazards
- Help create a culture of positive health and safety practice in the workplace
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.