This variation on the well known children’s party game works well as an energiser. It also doubles up as a good way of consolidating key learning points from the session so far.
Training course contents:
You can download instructions to help you run the free energiser from the link at the bottom of this page, or follow the notes below.
Resources Needed – CD with upbeat music and a CD Player, chairs, a room, sweets or other small prizes
- During lunch, prepare the room by removing chairs so that there is one too few for the number of people in the class.
- Arrange the chairs in a circle.
- Explain that you are going to play some music.
- Whilst this is happening, you want the group to walk around the room. After a short time you will stop the music (20 – 30 seconds). When the music stops the group should scramble to a chair.
- The person left standing has to ask their colleagues a question about what they have learnt that morning.
- When their question has been correctly answered, give them a sweet and ask them to stand out the next round.
- Remove one more chair and continue as above until you have run out of time or only have one person left.
To re energise participants after a lunch break and/or to help consolidate key learning points from the morning session.