This is one of our favourite energiser activities and it is really useful near the start of a training session or at a lull where you feel it is important that participants discuss their ideas and opinions. It is very versatile and can be added in with little preparation and a lot of impact.
We find that the activity works well in customer services training sessions where you want participants to discuss past issues, share their experiences, opinions and thoughts and develop a sense of rapport.
The energiser activity works best for groups of at least three people and no more than twelve.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the energiser, ‘My Life in Customer Services’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below.
Display the list below and advise groups that they should each take it in turns to select a point from the list and discuss their experience/s surrounding the scenario. When they have had their turn, the next person should choose.
1. A difficult situation I managed to turn around
2. A situation I resolved with a creative solution
3. A relationship that was broken and I fixed
4. Something I did really well
5. A moment when I came to a big realisation
6. A conflict that I resolved well
7. An ingenious solution to a problem I had
8. Something that changed my life
9. A mistake I made and learnt from
10. A challenge I overcame
This energiser is useful when you want to enable participants to share experiences, develop rapport and discuss previous experiences and situations in a relaxed environment. Of course it is perfect for customer care training courses.