This is one of our favourite energiser activities and it is really useful near the start of a training course or at a lull where you feel it is important that participants discuss their ideas and opinions. It is very versatile and can be added in with little preparation and a lot of impact.
We find that the activity works well in sales training sessions where you want participants to discuss past issues, share their experiences, opinions and thoughts and develop a sense of rapport.
The energiser activity works best for groups of at least three people and no more than twelve.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the training energiser, ‘My Life in Sales’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below.
Display the list below and advise groups that they should each take it in turns to select a point from the list and discuss their experience/s surrounding the scenario. When they have had their turn, the next person should choose.
1. A difficult sale I managed to turn around
2. A sale I achieved with a creative solution
3. A sales relationship that was broken and I fixed
4. A sale I made really well
5. A moment when I came to a big realisation
6. A sales objection that I resolved well
7. An ingenious solution to get a sale
8. Something that changed my life
9. A mistake I made and learnt from
10. A challenge I overcame
This energiser is useful in training sessions where you want to enable participants to share experiences, develop rapport and discuss previous experiences and situations in a relaxed environment.
Of course it works particularly well in sales training courses or where there is an element of business development activity going on.