These Noise at Work e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
There are many workplaces that have dangerous levels of noise. Whether you’re vulnerable to damage depends on the volume of the noise and the length of time you’re exposed to it. But even listening to music too loud on earphones while you work can cause damage to your hearing.
The harsh reality is, when you lose your hearing you’ll probably never get it back. And no job is worth irreversible hearing loss. Employers have legal obligations around protecting the hearing of their employees, but even with these healthy and safety rules in place, many people are at risk. This short e-learning course will help you reduce or control the risks from noise at work.
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone that works in a noisy work environment. This may include:
- Manufacturing and farm workers
- Airport ground staff
- School teachers in noisy classrooms
- Military personnel
- Nightclub and entertainment workers
- Construction and tradespeople
- Anyone who uses electrical tools or machinery
What does the course look like?
- It’s an online e-learning short course
- Containing two interactive module
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Get downloadable worksheets
- On-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Understanding noise at work
- Start to realise how noise at work can become a serious a health issue
- Follow Dan’s story to see how he was affected by noise at work
- Learn what employers are required to do and tell you
- Discover the different types of hearing loss.
Module 2 – Protecting your hearing
- Complete a quick self-assessment to see if your hearing is at risk
- Learn about the different hear protection available
- Discover the symptoms and early signs of hearing loss
- Learn how you can better protect yourself from noise related damage
Module 3 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring.
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
The reasons to create a safe working environment where safety from Noise at Work is uppermost in people’s mind are self-evident. This course will help bring the important topic of Noise at Work to the forefront of your learner’s mind. In this course:
- Start to realise how dangerous excessive noise can be to hearing
- Learn how to reduce and control the risks of noise at work
- Gain practical and cost effective ways to protect your hearing
- Understand more about the legal obligations on employer
- And start to care more about hearing health
Compared to a traditional classroom-based session, you will save a huge sum of money with our e-learning course.
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.