These One Minute Managing training course materials are suitable for anyone in a management or leadership role. Delivering this course will help you demonstrate to participants that there are some simple techniques and processes that can be followed to help make leadership simpler. It also demonstrates that leadership is all about getting things done through people and focuses on three main practical management techniques that will help managers get the best out of their team. The training is a great addition to any trainers portfolio of leadership development.
Training course contents:
Help your leaders increase productivity by becoming One Minute Manager’s
One Minute Managers are able to focus on getting greater results in less time. The idea focuses on three key elements of management, which are…
- Setting one minute goals
- Giving one minute ‘praises’
- Providing one minute ‘redirects’
One Minute Goal setting is about being aware of what is expected from the beginning. One Minute Goal setting is so called because it should take only one minute to be able to read the goal.
The second step in one minute management is to catch people doing something right. This is when the One Minute Praises are given. One Minute Praises are so called because it hardly takes a minute for you to tell someone that he or she did a good job.
One Minute Redirects are given as soon as an employee is not meeting their goals or is doing something wrong. One Minute Redirect has two parts. The first half includes telling the person that what they did was wrong, how you feel about it and then let it sink in. Then in the second half you tell the person how much you think they are capable of and how much you value them.
One Minute Management doesn’t really mean it will take you a minute to do all the kinds of things you need to do as a manager. It’s just a way to say that being a manager is not as complicated as it can seem.
Why is running this one minute manager course a good idea?
Well, just imagine if your participants were better able to:
- Inspire their teams, bringing out the best in each and every individual.
- Overcome team challenges in a swift and effective manner.
- Quickly develop effective team goals that inspire and enthuse employees.
- Praise employees at the appropriate time to help motivate them.
- Deliver negative feedback in a timely manner and with a focus on improvement.
- Simply get the job done quickly and efficiently, for overall organisational success.
- Keep their teams happy and reduce staff turnaround.
Ultimately these training course materials allow you to nurture a workforce that is more motivated, inspired and productive. In these fast-paced times, managers need to be able to react and be responsive to workplace challenges. These training course materials will give them all the skills they need.
Why use training materials created by Trainer Bubble?
- When you’re busy or under pressure at work, you save time and stress by using our ready-made professional training materials.
- Our materials come with no restrictions: you can edit content, add your company branding and use as many times as you wish.
- Whether you’re an experienced trainer or nervous first-timer, our training materials give you everything you need to deliver a confident and successful training session: powerpoint slides, workbooks, session plans, activities/exercises and detailed trainer notes.
- There is no need to wait for delivery. You’ll receive the full course pack in your inbox instantly.
- With a mix of practical exercises and trainer led material, your attendees will remain engaged throughout, while you take credit for a professional and effective training course.
- And when budgets are tight but you still need results, Trainer Bubble courses are great value for money. Train a whole team or even a whole company for much less than the cost of sending a single participant on a standard training course.
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
These one minute manager training course materials will provide your participants with the key skills of goal setting, praising and reprimanding. The focus is on providing instant skills that help managers develop employee goals and then react swiftly and effectively, catching people doing it right and challenging them when they get it wrong. The end goal is to increase productivity by using their most important resource, their team.
The main content of the training course materials…
Icebreaker – Helping participants to relax, get to know each other and discuss what they know about the topic.
Influence and Control – Establishing the elements that managers should focus on if they want to be effective. A lot of management time is spent on things that are not within their influence. This section helps them re-focus.
Traditional Management Styles – A review of traditional management and how one minute management allows managers to use the right behaviours for the situation.
One Minute Managing Overview – Presenting the key elements of one minute managing using a YouTube video to get the message across.
One Minute Goal Setting – Providing insight and tools into developing simple, quick yet effective goals with team members that helps them keep on track and focus on what they need to achieve. Includes Pareto’s Principle and SMART goals.
One Minute Praises – Demonstrating that praises include praising employees immediately, telling them what they did right, how you feel about it and encouraging them to do more of the same.
One Minute Redirect – Highlighting that One Minute Redirects are highly effective because the feedback is immediate, unlike annual reviews where you may be discussing events that took place months ago. If a mistake is pointed out as soon as it is made it can easily be corrected.
Running Game – A fun activity that reviews the key learning points and assesses what the participants have taken on board so far.
Positional Leadership – Understanding that we should base our style of management on the situation and that we should use behaviours that best support and nurture our team. Includes a questionnaire to help participants identify the best style of management to use with different people and the relevant scenario.
As with all Trainer Bubble products, this training course is interactive and full of relevant activities.
At the end of this one minute managing training course, your participants will be able to:
- Describe the value of One Minute Managing
- Set clear and measurable goals
- Give praise effectively
- Give redirects to re-focus behaviours
- Get the best results from your people