This free energiser helps with teamwork, communication and creative thinking and can be used in a variety of ways during these type of training courses. It is particularly useful for demonstrating how groups can be just as creative in their thinking as someone working alone.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the free energiser, ‘Our Story’ can be downloaded for free from the link at the bottom of this page. You can also see the full energiser instructions below.
- Ask participants to form a circle of chairs facing inwards.
- One person within the group should begin to tell a story. This can be any idea that pops into their head.
- When they have told a small part of the story, they can pass it to the next person in the circle. This person will continue the story with the opening statement of ‘…and then…’
- This continues until everyone in the group has had a chance to tell their part of the story.
- You should find that by the end of the energiser, the participants have created an interesting and often funny story between them.
There are many things you can discuss with this energiser. The main point is creative thinking. How did the creative part of the process work? What made the activity creative? Did they feel under pressure, or did the nature of the activity reduce this? What inspired them? How did it make them feel?
Another key point is the idea of teamwork and communication. What worked well? What didn’t work so well? How can they use this approach in the workplace? What lessons did they learn?
Use this free energiser when you want to emphasise teamwork, communication and creative thinking skills.