These performance management e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Training Provider? Ask about our reseller process.
Training course contents:
What’s the course about?
Performance management is simply about managers and employees working together to plan, monitor and review specific work objectives in order to maximise that employee’s contribution to the company.
Often mistreated as a box ticking exercise, performance management is a powerful tool to improve a company’s bottom line. And being able to build happier and more productive teams will improve your learners’ overall management skills. In this course the participants will learn how to effectively manage other people’s performance to increase successful outcomes for the company they work in.
Who is it for?
This course is perfect for anyone who is involved in the management of other people’s performance. That may include:
- Team leaders
- HR professionals
What does the course look like?
- It’s an e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Eight interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, images and videos
- Includes downloadable worksheets, video transcripts and factsheets
- Regular on-going testing as your learners’ progress with a final assessment
- Accredited course – CPD Verification Service
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – What is performance management?
- Realise the impact performance management makes on the bottom line
- Get a clear process for performance management that works for you
- Learn the vital importance of the annual performance cycle
- How do you create a development plan that actually works?
- Become more comfortable at coaching, giving negative feedback and managing poor performance
Module 2 – Setting objectives
- Why is it important to set objectives?
- Learn 3 simple steps for setting effective objectives
- Why setting personal objectives helps you become a better manager
- What is a SMART objective and how do you write one?
- How to make sure management and employee objectives are aligned
- What is the “Flow Zone” and how can it help to control workplace stress?
Module 3 – Performance review meetings
- Why smart objectives are nothing without performance reviews
- Do you make these performance review mistakes?
- Learn the 6 steps for holding effective performance review meetings
- Have you collected evidence to back up your message?
- How to work in partnership in performance meetings.
Module 4 – Giving and receiving feedback
- Discover the cheapest and easiest way to motivate a team
- Understand the vital importance feedback has in personal growth
- Learn to overcome the fear of giving feedback
- What’s the EEC model and how will it help you give better feedback?
- Learn why some managers give poor feedback
- Watch video examples of good feedback
Module 5 – Leading for performance
- Understand the important role leadership plays in performance management
- Learn why great leaders remain flexible and adaptable
- What is the Ability Motivation Matrix and how can it help you?
- Learn to adapt different leadership styles for different scenarios
Module 6 – Coaching for performance (the GROW model)
- Learn how to maximise a person’s performance
- What is the GROW model and how will it help you improve performance?
- Challenge individuals to make decisions and solve problems themselves
- Walk through a scenario and see the GROW model in action
- Deliver more effective 1-to-1s and informal performance discussions
- Use the GROW model to stretch yourself
Module 7 – Tackling poor performance
- What is the true cost of poor performance?
- What are the 6 common causes of poor performance
- What are the 6 main excuses why managers avoid tackling poor performance
- Discover the 5 steps for quickly dealing with poor performance.
Module 8 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Being able to get the most from a team and help people fulfil their potential is the most valuable skill a manager can possess. If you want to lead people to help companies succeed, then performance management is essential learning. You learners will:
- Better understand their role in managing performance
- Learn to follow an effective performance management process
- Be able to get the most from any team
- Be able to create an effective development plan
- Be better able to address poor performance
- Reduce conflict and save valuable management time
- Be better able to align the goals of employees and the company
- Help inspire, motivate and retain employees
- Help your company become more productive and successful
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on.We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.