These Personal Protective Equipment e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
Wherever risks to health and safety cannot be adequately controlled in other ways, the Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations 1992 require Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to be supplied.
In some cases, there are more specific regulations which apply to the use of PPE such as hearing protection, respiratory protective equipment and protection against dangerous substances.
Personal protective equipment is designed to protect the user against health or safety risks at work. It can include items such as safety helmets and hard hats, gloves, eye protection, high-visibility clothing, safety footwear and safety harnesses.
PPE should be used when risks to health and safety cannot be adequately controlled in other ways, and PPE is seen as a last resort.
This Personal Protective Equipment e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively use protective equipment and help to ensure they avoid injury.
Who is it for?
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that are in roles that require the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use Personal Protective Equipment
- Perfect for employee induction processes
What does the course look like?
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Module 1 – Introduction
- Understand why Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) should be used as a last resort
- Identify other measures that can be taken before using PPE
- Explore important considerations when implementing a PPE policy.
Module 2 – Using Personal Protective Equipment
- State the main areas of the regulations in terms of PPE
- Understand the important steps in PPE selection
- Establish why a CE mark is important
- Know what types of PPE training are needed and why
- Identify why maintaining and storing PPE correctly are important
- Say why monitoring PPE usage is important.
Module 3 – Types of Personal Protective Equipment
- State the most common forms of PPE related accidents
- Explore the types of PPE used to protect different parts of the body
- Establish why hearing protection doesn’t come under PPE regulations.
Module 4 – PPE in the workplace
- Review why some works don’t wear PPE despite knowing the risks
- Identify the connection between poor PPE usage and poor PPE selection
- List ways to improve the usage of PPE.
Module 5 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
This e-learning course will help your learners establish the importance of the safe use of personal protective equipment. With this course:
- Identify when Personal Protective Equipment should be used
- Making sure the use of PPE is proportional
- Establish what the law requires regarding PPE
- Selecting the right PPE for the task
- Understanding PPE training requirements
- How to store and maintain PPE properly
- Exploring common PPE accidents and how different PPE is meant to protect different parts of the body
- Review examples of poor PPE choices, the dangers and why workers take risks
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.