This personal SWOT analysis has been designed for team leaders, supervisors, managers and leaders. It can be used during training, management team meetings or individual one-to-ones. It can serve as an ‘inventory’ of organisational capability and as the basis of discussions around improving leadership skills.
Training course contents:
A set of personal SWOT analysis instructions can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page.
Here are some possible topic areas for you to consider and draw on in developing your SWOT.
Business and Organisational Issues
- What are the key issues?
- What are the trends and results in these key areas?
- What is happening in the market?
- How much influence does this group have? How would you define or recognise influence?
- What are the critical success factors?
- Where are the areas for improvement?
- How effective is your management? How do you make this assessment?
- What are the key skills of management and how well do you measure up?
- Are there areas where key personnel in your team need to develop?
- How effective is your communication and where are the failure points if any?
- How would you measure communication effectiveness?
- What would be different if communication were better?
- How well do you manage change?
- What approaches and strategies are used for managing change?
- If change is not managed effectively how does this manifest itself?
Developing Organisational Culture
- Is the culture appropriate to meet the changing demands made of it?
- What are the strengths and how can these be developed further?
- What would be the most useful areas for you to develop in terms of culture?
Identify personal development points and areas of strength using SWOT.