This free icebreaker can be used to help break the ice in a fun and relaxed way at the beginning of a training session or meeting.
The icebreaker is purely for fun, but also ensures that everyone gets involved and participants have to interact.
This icebreaker can also be used as an energiser throughout a training session to wake a group up or get people involved.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the Icebreaker, ‘Piff, Paff, Poff’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below.
Instructions – prior to starting this icebreaker, the trainer should clearly explain the instructions to the group.
1. Arrange everyone so that they are in a large circle.
2. The person that starts the icebreaker (usually the trainer) will point to another member of the group and say the word, ‘Piff’.
3. As soon as the next person is pointed to, they should shout, ‘Paff’ and point to another person in the group.
4. The next person to be pointed at will now shout, ‘Poff’ and point to another person.
5. The fourth person to be pointed at will start the sequence again and shout, ‘Piff’ as they point to the next person.
6. The icebreaker continues until someone forgets to point, says the wrong word or otherwise makes a mistake.
Use this icebreaker to ensure everyone is engaged and working together.