This energiser is useful to demonstrate that it is important to set goals that are stretching, but ultimately achievable.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the energiser, ‘Reach for the Sky’ can be downloaded as a Word document for free from the link below, or you can use the notes provided here…
Flipchart paper placed high on a wall
1. Ask for 3 volunteers and get them to write their initials at a comfortable height on the flipchart paper.
2. Once everyone has done this, ask them once again to put their initials on the flipchart, but this time to place it higher than the earlier attempt.
3. Repeat this task for a third time while motivating them to reach higher.
4. At the end of the third attempt ask the rest of the group to judge the winner out of the three.
5. The majority of the people will announce the winner as the person who has put their initials at the highest level. However, the trainer should point out that all three are winners and focus on the fact that each person stretched themselves at every new attempt.
6. Review the energiser by discussing goal setting and the importance of stretching ourselves whilst making our goals achievable.
Use this energiser to demonstrate that goals should be stretching and yet achievable.
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!