This highly interactive and engaging e-learning course focuses on the topic of Restaurant Hospitality.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us, and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Training course contents:
Restaurant Hospitality E-Learning Course
Efficient and Effective Service Every Time
Hospitality is a defining factor in the success of millions of businesses as it’s all about the relationship between that business and its customers. Great hospitality is about catering to your customer’s needs and making them feel special.
Whether it’s a hotel, restaurant, cafe, or any other type of hospitality business, the people that interact with clients are the ‘face’ of the business and it’s important that each and every contact with a customer leaves a positive impression. This means being both effective at the role they have been hired to perform, while keeping the needs of the customer uppermost in the mind.
One thing that separates successful hospitality businesses from their less-successful counterparts is that they go the extra mile for their customers – they exceed their expectations. It’s often the little details that customers remember and make a business stand out from its competitors.
Of course, sometimes things go wrong, and being able to manage this effectively can help turn a potentially negative customer event into a positive one.
This restaurant hospitality e-learning course aims to ensure the learner has everything they need in place to make a success of their role. Further than the nuts and bolts of working in a hospitality environment, the course also focuses on the customer experience and making sure that the restaurant, hotel or café, becomes somewhere they want to return to time and time again.
There are obviously many different roles within the hospitality industry and many of these would benefit from the spotlight this course shines on being both effective at work and customer focused. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- Bar Staff
- Waiting Staff
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hotel Managers
- Café Staff
- Event Managers
- Front Desk Workers
- Reception Staff
- Hotel Clerk
- Team leaders
Please note: Modules can be removed, or alterations made to suit specific requirements.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing six interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, videos and case studies
- Get downloadable factsheets and policy sample
- Regular on-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
To put it simply, hospitality workers are the backbone of any business and must be equipped to handle both the technical aspects of the role and the customer experience side. With this course:
- Understand the importance of great hospitality to any business
- Explore the different types of beverages customers may request
- Identify the importance of ‘drinking responsibly’
- Establish the requirements of age verification and how to implement it
- Examine types of foods, allergies, intolerances, and dietary choices
- Review case studies to implement the skills learnt
- Learn the importance of ‘upselling’
- Establish how to ensure a positive customer experience
- Know how to deal with customer complaints and turn them to a positive
- Explain why great hospitality is important to a business
- Describe elements of great hospitality
- Identify customer service skills which can be developed.
- Describe different types of wine
- Explain what real ale and lager are
- Explore what different spirits are made from
- Review examples of common cocktails
- Examine how alcoholic content is measured
- Describe what’s happening in the hot and soft drinks markets
- Explain the purpose of ‘Drink Responsibly’ and ‘Drinkaware’ campaigns.
- Establish what an age verification policy is and why it’s important
- Describe what information must be on an age verification identification
- List common documents suitable for age verification
- Explain what a refusals register is
- Describe how young people can feel when asked to verify their age
- Identify how you can ask someone to verify their age politely.
- Explain why an understanding of the menu and how the dishes are prepared is important
- List a number of the major food allergies
- Explore the effect a food intolerance can have and give examples of intolerances
- Describe the difference between vegetarian and vegan diets
- Review examples of different tastes
- Explain what upselling is and why it’s important to a business.
- Explain why knowing your customers is important when providing customer service
- List main reasons for poor customer service
- Establish what an internal customer is
- Examine why appearance is important
- Describe how communication is more than just words
- List things you can do to help create a good impression when talking to customers
- Establish the importance of returning customers and how customer service affects this.
- Give at least two reasons why handling complaints effectively is important
- Describe the LEAP process explain why it’s important to have emergency procedures in place before they are needed.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.