This Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR) e-learning course is aimed at providing those who are responsible for reporting these incidents with an understanding of what is required of them and how they should comply with this important Health & Safety Regulation.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us, and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Reporting of Infections, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations
RIDDOR is a reporting system for work-related deaths, serious injuries, occupational diseases and dangerous occurrences. The main purpose of the regulations is to help prevent similar incidents from reoccurring.
It’s established that accidents don’t just happen. Something causes them.
To prevent having similar accidents, businesses keep an accident book which notes down what happened, where, when and what caused it so that steps can be taken to avoid it happening again.
In many ways that’s the purpose of RIDDOR, to build up a picture not only of work-related deaths and serious injuries, but also occupational diseases and dangerous occurrences – in other words ‘near misses’, so that lessons can be learnt, and precautions be taken.
The RIDDOR regulations make it the duty of employers, the self-employed and the people in control of work premises – sometimes called the ‘responsible person’ – to report them.
This e-learning course aims to ensure that employers and employees have a full understanding of what is required from them and others when dealing with RIDDOR.
The e-learning course is useful for anyone that is designated a ‘responsible person’, or those that just need a general awareness of responsibilities under RIDDOR.
This means that the audience may include:
- Team Leaders
- Health & Safety Executives
- Health & Safety Managers
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing six interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, health and safety regulations require employers to report serious workplace events and near misses. Therefore, it’s important for all employees to understand what is required from them. With this e-learning course:
- Explain what RIDDOR is and what it covers
- Identify what reportable accidents and workplace injuries are
- Describe occupational diseases and define what is covered under RIDDOR
- Define dangerous occurrences and establish common examples
- State the different types of gas related incidents and what should be reported
- Establish who should report an incident, how and what records should be kept
- Identify what RIDDOR is
- Understand the four areas are covered by RIDDOR
- Review what role RIDDOR plays in making the workplace safer.
- Explore that these terms mean under RIDDOR
- an accident
- reportable injury
- Review an example of a work-related accident which was a reportable injury.
- Define what an occupational disease is
- Explore examples of common occupational diseases
- Establish that an occupational disease must be diagnosed by a doctor.
- Describe what a dangerous occurrence is
- Discover examples of common workplace dangerous occurrences.
- Establish what gas related incidents must be reported under RIDDOR
- Review the reporting criteria for gas appliances.
- Establish who should report a RIDDOR incident
- Examine what occurrences need to be reported under RIDDOR
- Identify which records must be kept for RIDDOR incidents
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.