This free sales training game helps to improve your participants ability to develop creative ideas for product benefits. The intention is to assist participants in being able to consider lots of benefits for either their company products, or as a more general exercise for any type of product.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the training game, ‘Sales Benefits Plus’ can be downloaded for free from the link at the bottom of this page. You can also see the full game below.
- Participants should work in one large group and sit in a circle facing each other.
- A product or item should be presented to them. This can be a company sales product/service or just a general item, such as a pen. It depends on your desired outcome.
- Working clockwise around the group, participants should take it in turns to name a benefit of the item.
- The ‘loser’ is the person that fails to name a benefit for the product when it reaches them or provides a ‘benefit’ that is actually a ‘feature’.
- Each time someone ‘loses’, they must step out of the group until you are left with only one person.
- At the end of the game, discuss the identified benefits (it helps to write them down as you progress) and also how these might be presented to a customer. Link this to any training in the session.
Person 1: “This watch lets you know the time, so you’ll never be late again.”
Person 2: “It is also has luminescent hands, so you can see the time in the dark.”
Person 3: “It’s automatic, so you can trust it not to run out.”
Person 4: “It’s waterproof, which means it won’t fail if you forget and wear it in the shower.”
Use this sales training game to explore product benefits and get used to generating lots of ideas for why a product/service might be useful for a customer.