This e-learning course is aimed at providing senior managers with an awareness of their responsibilities under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime regulations as outlined by the FCA.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Senior Managers and Certification Regime
Ensure your managers meet the FCA regulatory compliance requirements
The goal of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR or SMCR) is to:
- reduce harm to consumers
- strengthen market integrity
It aims to do this by encouraging individuals to take personal responsibility for their actions and making them more accountable for their conduct and competence.
In order to do this, individuals, and firms, clearly need to understand and be able to demonstrate, where their responsibilities lie.
This SMCR – Senior Managers and Certification Regime e-learning course aims to raise awareness of this FCA regulatory requirement for your employees.
The SM&CR applies to UK banks, building societies, credit unions, branches of foreign banks operating in the UK and the largest investment firms regulated by the PRA and the FCA, and also:
Firms regulated by the FCA only.
(If a firm was regulated under the Approved Persons Regime it will now come under SM&CR).
Insurers regulated by both the FCA and PRA.
This means that the audience would be senior managers who have responsibility within these organisations.
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing six interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and downloads
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, it’s important to ensure regulatory compliance with the Senior Managers and Certification Regime regulations. With this e-learning course:
- Fully understand the SM&CR
- Review the different responsibilities under the regime
- Establish who comes under the regime and why
- Explore the fit and proper requirements and what this means
- Understand the individual conduct rules and who they apply to
- Understand the senior manager conduct rules and who they apply to
- Review how the SM&CR came about
- Explore what the SM&CR aim to achieve
- Establish who SM&CR applies to
- Identify the three main areas of SM&CR.
- Understand why Senior Managers need to be approved
- Compare the relationship between Senior Manager Functions and Controlled Functions
- Review what a Statement of Responsibility is and what it includes
- Explore what Prescribed Responsibilities are
- Look At an example of the extra responsibilities that Enhanced firms, Solvency II firms and large NDFs have.
- Explore who the Certification Regime applies to
- Identify who operates the Certification Regime and how often
- Establish when a Senior Manager also comes under the Certification Regime.
- Review an example of a function that would need to be certified.
- Review who must be classed as fit and proper to carry out their role
- Explore three areas of the fit and proper test
- Understand when criminal records check must be carried out
- Establish what Regulatory references are and when they are required.
- Identify who the Individual Conduct Rules apply to
- Review an example of a person Individual Conduct Rules wouldn’t apply to
- Establish what the Individual Conduct Rules set out to achieve
- Explore when the Individual Conduct Rules apply
- Understand how the Individual Conduct Rules differ from the Senior Managers Conduct Rules.
- Explore how the Senior Managers Conduct Rules differ from the Individual Conduct Rules
- Understand which rules Senior Managers must comply with
- Identify what a Prescribed Responsibility is
- Review the Individual Conduct Rules and Senior Manager Conduct Rules reporting procedure.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.