E-Learning Course Content:
This e-learning course is aimed at providing senior managers with an awareness of their responsibilities under the Senior Managers and Certification Regime regulations as outlined by the FCA.
The e-learning can be provided as SCORM files, or on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
SMCR – Senior Managers and Certification Regime
Ensure your managers meet the FCA regulatory compliance requirements
The goal of the Senior Managers and Certification Regime (SM&CR or SMCR) is to:
- reduce harm to consumers
- strengthen market integrity
It aims to do this by encouraging individuals to take personal responsibility for their actions and making them more accountable for their conduct and competence.
In order to do this, individuals, and firms, clearly need to understand and be able to demonstrate, where their responsibilities lie.
This SMCR – Senior Managers and Certification Regime e-learning course aims to raise awareness of this FCA regulatory requirement for your employees.
The SM&CR applies to UK banks, building societies, credit unions, branches of foreign banks operating in the UK and the largest investment firms regulated by the PRA and the FCA, and also:
Firms regulated by the FCA only.
(If a firm was regulated under the Approved Persons Regime it will now come under SM&CR).
Insurers regulated by both the FCA and PRA.
This means that the audience would be senior managers who have responsibility within these organisations.
- It’s an online e-learning course.
- Containing six interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and downloads
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, it’s important to ensure regulatory compliance with the Senior Managers and Certification Regime regulations. With this e-learning course:
- Fully understand the SM&CR
- Review the different responsibilities under the regime
- Establish who comes under the regime and why
- Explore the fit and proper requirements and what this means
- Understand the individual conduct rules and who they apply to
- Understand the senior manager conduct rules and who they apply to
- Review how the SM&CR came about
- Explore what the SM&CR aim to achieve
- Establish who SM&CR applies to
- Identify the three main areas of SM&CR.
- Understand why Senior Managers need to be approved
- Compare the relationship between Senior Manager Functions and Controlled Functions
- Review what a Statement of Responsibility is and what it includes
- Explore what Prescribed Responsibilities are
- Look At an example of the extra responsibilities that Enhanced firms, Solvency II firms and large NDFs have.
- Explore who the Certification Regime applies to
- Identify who operates the Certification Regime and how often
- Establish when a Senior Manager also comes under the Certification Regime.
- Review an example of a function that would need to be certified.
- Review who must be classed as fit and proper to carry out their role
- Explore three areas of the fit and proper test
- Understand when criminal records check must be carried out
- Establish what Regulatory references are and when they are required.
- Identify who the Individual Conduct Rules apply to
- Review an example of a person Individual Conduct Rules wouldn’t apply to
- Establish what the Individual Conduct Rules set out to achieve
- Explore when the Individual Conduct Rules apply
- Understand how the Individual Conduct Rules differ from the Senior Managers Conduct Rules.
- Explore how the Senior Managers Conduct Rules differ from the Individual Conduct Rules
- Understand which rules Senior Managers must comply with
- Identify what a Prescribed Responsibility is
- Review the Individual Conduct Rules and Senior Manager Conduct Rules reporting procedure.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We have a variety of options for payment of this e-learning course. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements.
If you are unsure of your e-learning requirements, you can also visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.
‘Off-the-Shelf’ Price – £2,000+vat