This highly interactive and engaging e-learning course focuses on the topic of Social Media at Work. While social media has become a mainstay of modern life, how it is used in the workplace and the dangers it can represent are often overlooked. This e-learning course aims to help learners navigate the use of social media, so that its effects are positive for both the individual and the organisation they work for.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us, and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
Training course contents:
Social Media at Work E-Learning Course
“We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it.”
– Erik Qualman
Whether it’s part of the job, or they’re doing it on a personal level, employees will be using social media at work, and if they’re not, you can be sure they use it outside the workplace. How they use it, and the impact it can have on a business should not be underestimated.
It’s clear that social media offers many advantages to businesses who have a direct link to their clients and a relatively inexpensive way to communicate on a large scale. With these benefits come some clear dangers though, and an irresponsible or misplaced comment can get a business caught in a storm before they realise what has happened. This kind of reputational damage can be hard to recover from.
This social media at work e-learning course sets out to help employees understand their responsibilities regarding use of social media. It provides learners with an understanding of the ways that social media can and should be used at work, the risk from cyber criminals, the balance between free speech and dangerous rhetoric and how to post positively.
Social media has an influence on everyone in the workplace. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- Team leaders
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics, videos, and case studies
- Get useful information for practical application at work
- Regular on-going testing as you progress with a final assessment
To put it simply, social media is an intrinsic part of the modern world. How we use it can have implications for organisations and the employees that work for them. It’s important we get it right. With this course:
- Understand social media and the impact it has on people and businesses
- Identify how social media is used in the workplace, the benefits and risks
- Explore the mistakes people make on social media at work
- Establish how social media is used by cyber criminals
- Describe how a social media policy should support behaviours at work
- Explore what ‘freedom of speech’ means and its restrictions
- Use social media effectively and safely
- Explore what social media is
- Describe some of the different uses social media platforms have
- Identify how much time people spend on average on social media
- Establish the main potential danger social media poses to organisations.
- Review examples of why people use social media at work
- Review examples of why organisations use social media
- Describe some of the dangers of social media being used in recruitment
- Explore two common causes of people making mistakes on social media (being careless and lack of judgement)
- Understand how social media is used by cyber criminals
- Establish how to avoid difficulties of ownership with work-based contacts.
- Explain what a social media policy is and what it does
- Describe some of the main elements that should be contained within a social media policy
- Understand how freedom of speech might be restricted
- Identify how political and philosophical beliefs are protected but may not always be expressed.
- Explore examples of simple things to avoid when making posts
- List things which can improve your social media profile
- Review what to consider before making a post
- Explain why ‘posting’ might be better thought of as ‘broadcasting’.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.