This free energiser can be used at the start or the end of a training course to help participants either focus on the key development they want to focus on, or to create actions based on the training they have participated in.
Training course contents:
A set of instructions for the free energiser, ‘Success Tree’ can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. You can also follow the notes for the energiser below.
- A pack of different coloured post-it notes
- Draw a very basic picture of a tree on the full size of a flipchart and label this the ‘success tree’. Explain to participants that this is the success tree.
- Distribute the post-it notes and ask participants to write a single idea related to the training on each post-it note. They can write as many as they like.
If using this energiser at the start of a training course, their thoughts could be the key things they want to get out of the training. If at the end of a training course, it could be the key ideas or actions that they want to take away.
- Ask them to bring their post-it notes and place them on the success tree.
- In review, discuss the points placed on the tree, asking for clarification where needed and highlight the importance of each point.
If using this at the start of the course, use it as a review point throughout the session. If using it at the end, use it to summarise and help establish actions.
This energiser is great for helping participants focus on what is truly important for them in the training and lets them focus on key actions.