This is a very versatile activity and can be used in a variety of ways. For example, you could use it as a simple energiser or perhaps during an induction to encourage newcomers to think about the values of your organisation. We also think it can be used as a part of any programme that includes a team working theme.
Training course contents:
Instructions to help you run the energiser activity can be downloaded for free from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below.
Flip Chart Paper and Marker Pens
Arrange participants into two groups. Each group has 20 minutes to invent a super hero with a theme based on the values of your organisation.
Explain that in this time they must:
- Agree on a name for their superhero
- Design and draw an outfit
- Give the superhero 3 special powers (e.g. x-ray vision)
- Compose a mission statement for their super hero
Once completed, they are to introduce their superhero to the other team. Lead a discussion on how the team members worked with each other:
1. Did everyone feel involved?
2. What prevented them from working effectively?
3. How would they work together differently another time?
Possible objectives of this energiser may include –
1. For participants to experience working in a team and to analyse the performance of their team
2. To help participants understand the values of your organisation during an induction session
3. To help re energise participants during a training event
Sign up to receive notification of our future free training updates and a chance to win a set of training materials!