These Surfing the Web e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Need an LMS? We can provide this for you.
Please Note: This course is part of our Information Security Suite E-Learning Programme – If you have purchased that e-learning course, it is already included.
E-Learning Course Content:
What’s the course about?
Many people use the internet without being full aware of the risks and although this can be dangerous at home, when businesses suffer from cyber attacks and fraud which have been carried out using the internet, it can be catastrophic.
There are many dangers when using the internet, such as; weaknesses in browser extensions and plugins, which are often exploited. Cookies, which although are mostly harmless, can be used maliciously by criminals.
Thankfully, there are a number of precautions that can be taken when using the internet and employees should use their instincts and be especially careful if something doesn’t seem right.
This e-learning course aims to raise the awareness of this important topic with your employees and help ensure they know how to safely navigate the internet in the workplace.
This e-learning would be a great addition to Induction processes and where you need to provide policy understanding and sign-off throughout the business.
Who is it for?
This e-learning course is aimed at all employees and gives a general overview of the key requirements of safe Surfing of the Web. Therefore, it is excellent training for:
- All employees
- Team leaders
What does the course look like?
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- Includes one learning module
- Interactive and engaging content
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Regular testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
Module 1 – Surfing the Web
- Understand how businesses can be attacked through the internet
- Research what cookies do
- Review the role of browser plugins and extensions and how they can be used safely
- Understand the importance of instinct in avoiding cyber attacks.
Module 2 – Assessment
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
View a couple of example images from this short e-learning course…
Samples of training course materials
Please click on image for larger view…
Why buy this e-learning pack?
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
This e-learning course will help your learners appreciate the importance of being careful when surfing the web. With this course:
- Using the internet safely and knowing how to avoid cyber attacks
Accredited e-learning with certificate
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
The technical bit
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.