This short free icebreaker activity works well as an ice breaker at the beginning of a training session or meeting. We like it because it encourages participants to mingle with each other.
Training course contents:
Instructions to help you run the icebreaker activity can be downloaded foe free from the link at the bottom of this page, or you can follow the notes below, although you will require the Treasure hunt activity sheet from the download.
- Copies of the Treasure Hunt handout for each participant (free from download at bottom of page)
- Small prizes
1. Explain that this exercise is designed to allow the team members to become more acquainted with each other.
2. Hand out a copy of the Treasure Hunt to each person.
3. Ask the participants to move around and find people with at least one similarity with them (e.g. born in same county), and one dissimilarity (e.g. worked for Abbey for different lengths of time).
4. No-one is allowed to complete more than one slot on any one card.
5. The winner is the first person to have all lines completed.
6. Reduce or increase the number of lines to be completed.
Use this icebreaker to help break the ice at the beginning of a training session or meeting.