Unconscious bias occurs due to our ability to make instant, intuitive decisions about people and situations. Our brains categorise information and places data into groups. This capability generally serves us well, as it helps us to identify whether someone is a danger to us or not and means that we are not stressed by constantly having to make conscious decisions for every given scenario.
Although this ability to make intuitive decisions is a useful shortcut, it can lead to us stereotyping or pre-judging people or situations, which means that we are unwittingly making biased decisions. In general, this may escape unnoticed, but in the workplace, it can become quite damaging.
This Unconscious Bias E-Learning course will give your learners all the knowledge they need to raise awareness of their bias while establishing methods of ensuring any unconscious bias is countered by processes that help to eliminate the possibility of decisions being affected.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost-effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Raise awareness of unconscious bias and develop processes and techniques to help avoid bias in the workplace.
Our unconscious mind is able to process information very quickly and it relies on patterns and shortcuts that we’ve created from our past personal experiences to interpret data quickly and react based on it. This type of thinking is important, as our brains would be overwhelmed by the amount of data we need to process if it didn’t make some shortcuts. However, these shortcuts can also lead to poor and even discriminatory choices.
The concept of unconscious bias becomes increasingly important when making decisions at work, where it is essential that choices are made fairly and not based on any bias, whether unconscious or not.
This unconscious bias e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with all the skills and knowledge they need to effectively raise awareness of their biases, helping them to consider whether they are making choices fairly and providing them with tools that will help to avoid unconscious bias creeping into their decision making.
Unconscious bias affects us all and people have become increasingly aware of the topic due to a growing awareness of the need for a diverse workforce. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- HR Managers
- HR Generalists
- HR Advisors
- HR Administration
- Recruitment Managers
- Team Leaders
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site.
- Containing three interactive modules
- Includes a bonus module with downloads for optional classroom interaction and training sessions
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, unconscious bias awareness is critical for ensuring workplace decisions are made for the right reasons and in the right way. With this e-learning course:
- Review the key elements of unconscious bias in order to better understand what it is and the impact it can have
- Discover case studies and scenarios from the workplace that help us identify with unconscious decision making and its impact
- Review a study that was carried out about unconscious bias
- Explore techniques, processes and methods of overcoming unconscious bias in the workplace, helping us make the right choices
- Identifying how we should call out bias when we see it and the right approach
- Explore what unconscious bias is
- Identify different types of unconscious biases
- Review why we make unconscious decisions
- Understand how unconscious biases could lead to a poor decision.
- Identify areas where unconscious biases are likely to take place
- Establish where unconscious biases come from
- Discover the impact as small bias can have over a period of time
- Explore when we are prone to making decisions influenced by unconscious biases.
- Identify ways in which unconscious bias can be reduced or eliminated
- Review examples of non-gender neutral language
- Examine how unconscious bias has affected recruitment
- Discover measures that have been taken to reduce bias in the recruitment process.
- A series of workplace activity tools to help you raise awareness of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Exercise 1 – Unconscious Bias, or something else? – An activity that helps people distinguish between unconscious bias, or other forms of prejudice.
- Exercise 2 – Who are your customers? – Identifying unconscious bias that customers might face.
- Exercise 3 – Dealing with unconscious bias in the workplace. – An activity that looks at what can be done to help reduce unconscious bias in the workplace.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.