E-Learning Course Content:
Unconscious bias occurs due to our ability to make instant, intuitive decisions about people and situations. Our brains categorise information and places data into groups. This capability generally serves us well, as it helps us to identify whether someone is a danger to us or not and means that we are not stressed by constantly having to make conscious decisions for every given scenario.
Although this ability to make intuitive decisions is a useful shortcut, it can lead to us stereotyping or pre-judging people or situations, which means that we are unwittingly making biased decisions. In general, this may escape unnoticed, but in the workplace, it can become quite damaging.
This Unconscious Bias E-Learning course will give your learners all the knowledge they need to raise awareness of their bias while establishing methods of ensuring any unconscious bias is countered by processes that help to eliminate the possibility of decisions being affected.
The e-learning can be provided as SCORM files, or on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Raise awareness of unconscious bias and develop processes and techniques to help avoid bias in the workplace.
Our unconscious mind is able to process information very quickly and it relies on patterns and shortcuts that we’ve created from our past personal experiences to interpret data quickly and react based on it. This type of thinking is important, as our brains would be overwhelmed by the amount of data we need to process if it didn’t make some shortcuts. However, these shortcuts can also lead to poor and even discriminatory choices.
The concept of unconscious bias becomes increasingly important when making decisions at work, where it is essential that choices are made fairly and not based on any bias, whether unconscious or not.
This unconscious bias e-learning course sets out to provide your learners with all the skills and knowledge they need to effectively raise awareness of their biases, helping them to consider whether they are making choices fairly and providing them with tools that will help to avoid unconscious bias creeping into their decision making.
Unconscious bias affects us all and people have become increasingly aware of the topic due to a growing awareness of the need for a diverse workforce. Therefore, this e-learning course is suitable for a wide array of learners. That may include:
- HR Managers
- HR Generalists
- HR Advisors
- HR Administration
- Recruitment Managers
- Team Leaders
- It’s an online e-learning course.
- Containing three interactive modules
- Includes a bonus module with downloads for optional classroom interaction and training sessions
- Blending text, graphics, quizzes, interactions and videos
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
To put it simply, unconscious bias awareness is critical for ensuring workplace decisions are made for the right reasons and in the right way. With this e-learning course:
- Review the key elements of unconscious bias in order to better understand what it is and the impact it can have
- Discover case studies and scenarios from the workplace that help us identify with unconscious decision making and its impact
- Review a study that was carried out about unconscious bias
- Explore techniques, processes and methods of overcoming unconscious bias in the workplace, helping us make the right choices
- Identifying how we should call out bias when we see it and the right approach
- Explore what unconscious bias is
- Identify different types of unconscious biases
- Review why we make unconscious decisions
- Understand how unconscious biases could lead to a poor decision.
- Identify areas where unconscious biases are likely to take place
- Establish where unconscious biases come from
- Discover the impact as small bias can have over a period of time
- Explore when we are prone to making decisions influenced by unconscious biases.
- Identify ways in which unconscious bias can be reduced or eliminated
- Review examples of non-gender neutral language
- Examine how unconscious bias has affected recruitment
- Discover measures that have been taken to reduce bias in the recruitment process.
- A series of workplace activity tools to help you raise awareness of unconscious bias in the workplace
- Exercise 1 – Unconscious Bias, or something else? – An activity that helps people distinguish between unconscious bias, or other forms of prejudice.
- Exercise 2 – Who are your customers? – Identifying unconscious bias that customers might face.
- Exercise 3 – Dealing with unconscious bias in the workplace. – An activity that looks at what can be done to help reduce unconscious bias in the workplace.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We have a variety of options for payment of this e-learning course. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements.
If you are unsure of your e-learning requirements, you can also visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.
‘Off-the-Shelf’ Price – £3,000+vat