These Violence at Work e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
We can also provide this e-learning course on a subscription model, whereby the course is hosted by us and you pay only per user. Please take a look at the payment options at the bottom of this page.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
Violence at work is a topic that people in senior roles often avoid talking about. However, crime surveys tell us that there are a significant number of violent occurrences and even more threats to employees each year, particularly when online threats are taken into account. Employees don’t need to be in ‘high risk’ roles to be affected either, with people being affected in all walks of life and many different jobs.
The Health and Safety Executive defines Violence at Work as any incident in which a person is abused, threatened or assaulted in circumstances relating to their work.
- Verbal abuse
shouting, swearing or insults, sexual harassment or other unwanted advances/behaviour, and racial abuse
- Threats and intimidation
including from customers/patrons
- Physical violence
physical attacks including a slap, kicking, spitting or shoving as well as more extreme violence.
Aside from the considerable impact on the individual, violence at work can affect businesses too. Some of the known implications are; higher sick leave, low productivity and profitability and issues with recruitment and retention of staff. Being aware of, and knowing how to manage and reduce risks should be top of all managers priorities. This e-learning course provides everything required to heighten awareness of workplace violence concerns and to help control the risks.
This e-learning course is particularly appropriate for managers or people in leadership roles who should be aware of the potential for violence at work and how they can best protect and support employees.
While some professions may be more at risk of violent incidents, the truth is everyone in all types of roles may be at danger of violence at work.
In order for employees and companies to be protected, we recommend this violence at work e-learning becomes a part of each senior employee’s induction.
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing five interactive modules
- Get downloadable templates and a policy example
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with certification including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
With this ‘Violence at Work’ E-Learning course you learners will:
- Understand the impact of violence at work
- Establish their responsibilities and the responsibilities of the business
- Develop or refresh a workplace violence policy
- Describe how risk of violence should be assessed and managed
- Explain the support required for victims of workplace violence
- Review real-life case studies that highlight actions you can take to support improvements in workplace safety
- give a definition of what work-related violence is
- describe how work-related violence affects individuals and organisations
- explain why staff’s reaction to potential violence is important.
- explain why a work-related violence policy is needed
- describe what a work-related violence policy should include
- explain the importance of communicating the policy to staff.
- state who has responsibility for assessing risk
- give examples of jobs which are exposed to more risk of work-related violence
- describe the steps in a work-related violence risk assessment.
- describe the three main areas where risk can be managed i.e. training and information provided to staff, the work environment, and the design of the job
- identify jobs which may need special considerations
- explain what help victims of work-related violence may need.
Review four case studies which give real life examples of how different organisations identify key risks and reduce risk by making changes to the work environment and job design.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners including RoSPA Qualifications – Assured logo
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
Our e-learning products are always sold ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee, which is usually between £300 – £600.
If you would like to make the changes yourself, the source files can also be purchased. Please contact us for further details.
Please note: If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
This is a RoSPA Qualifications – Assured Course
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
While our courses are provided in SCORM 1.2 format, the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.