These Using Work Equipment e-learning course materials are intended for use by people that want to make e-learning an additional part of their learning and development offering.
The e-learning is very flexible and can be added to an organisation’s intranet or learning management system, ready to be used by their employees. The benefits are huge, and you only ever pay once for the package making it extremely cost effective.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course you are buying:
E-Learning Course Content:
According to Health & Safety laws, all employers are required to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all their employees. There are also specific pieces of regulation which refer to the use of equipment at work, such as PUWER, LOLER and the Supply of Machinery regulations.
Work equipment is almost any equipment which is used while at work including: machines, hand tools and lifting equipment. Using the wrong equipment for the job, faulty equipment, inadequate or no training, and not taking proper precautions can all lead to accidents with work equipment. These accidents can occur as a result of falls, victims being caught in machines, flying objects, poor training or using the wrong equipment.
This Using Work Equipment e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively use work equipment and help to ensure they avoid injury for themselves and those around them.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that use work equipment
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use work equipment
- Perfect for employee induction processes
It’s an online e-learning course you can add to your own LMS, intranet or internet site
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
This e-learning course will help your learners establish the importance of the safe use and maintenance of work equipment. With this course:
- Identify what is meant by work equipment and the type of accidents that can happen
- Establish the health and safety laws surrounding using work equipment
- Recognise the duty of employers surrounding the use of work equipment
- Understand how to control, reduce and remove the likelihood of accidents occurring due to poor use of work equipment
- Explore how planned equipment and machinery maintenance helps ensure the health and safety of everyone
- Following clear guidelines for use of workplace equipment
- Specifically explore the symptoms and risks surrounding vibrations when using workplace equipment
- Explore what is meant by work equipment
- Review the types of accidents caused by equipment at work
- Understand the general health and safety requirement employers have
- Identify the regulations which are specific to using equipment at work.
- Review what actions should be taken before using work equipment
- Identify the steps to take to avoid contact with moving parts of machinery
- Highlight best practice when using commonplace work tools and equipment
- Review the dos and don’ts of using working equipment.
- Review why maintenance of work equipment is important
- Define what a person should know in order to inspect equipment
- Understand what is involved in planned equipment maintenance
- Explore examples of when records should and needn’t be kept.
- Identify what Hand Arm Vibrations (HAV), Whole Body Vibrations (WBV) are
- Explore the symptoms and risks of HAVS and CTS
- Review an employer’s responsibility in terms of HAV and WBV
- Understand how to identify and report symptoms of HAVS and back pain from WBV.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
To ensure maximum compatibility with the widest range of LMS’s, all our e-learning courses are SCORM conformant. By default, we provide courses in SCORM 1.2 format, but the following formats are also available on request: SCORM 2004, AICC and xAPI (formerly Tin Can). Please just purchase the course from this page as usual and then contact us to request this.
In simple terms, this means that our e-learning will work on any standard website or system.
These e-learning course materials are not editable. However, they are ‘white-label’ with no logos or labelling. This allows you to place your own logos or content on the page that the e-learning is embedded on. We can also edit, alter, add logos and make changes for a small fee.
If there are future legal changes within this course, these can be altered by our team, free of charge.
Simply purchase the e-learning course and add it to your own Learning Management System. You pay once and can use forever.
Just add to cart below. Need edits? Just ask.
Don’t have an LMS? We can provide one for you. You pay for the course only once and then a yearly fee for the LMS.
Learn more about our LMS service.
Fewer than 150 users and only one course required? It may pay to use our subscription model. You only pay for the users you have.
Learn more about our subscription model.
Want to resell our e-learning courses? We have a model for this.
Contact us for more information.