E-Learning Course Content:
This Using Work Equipment e-learning course is intended for learners that use electronic hand tools and equipment in the workplace. It aims to ensure they do so safely and with care.
The e-learning is provided on a subscription basis, whether hosted on your own Learning Management System, or using our, feature-rich, easy-to-use learning platform.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the e-learning course:
Using Work Equipment
According to Health & Safety laws, all employers are required to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare of all their employees. There are also specific pieces of regulation which refer to the use of equipment at work, such as PUWER, LOLER and the Supply of Machinery regulations.
Work equipment is almost any equipment which is used while at work including: machines, hand tools and lifting equipment. Using the wrong equipment for the job, faulty equipment, inadequate or no training, and not taking proper precautions can all lead to accidents with work equipment. These accidents can occur as a result of falls, victims being caught in machines, flying objects, poor training or using the wrong equipment.
This Using Work Equipment e-learning course provides learners with all the information they need to effectively use work equipment and help to ensure they avoid injury for themselves and those around them.
- Essential health and safety training for people in H&S roles
- Critical training for people that use work equipment
- Can be used as part of a wider health and safety programme
- Generalist e-learning course for all managers of people that use work equipment
- Perfect for employee induction processes
- It’s an online e-learning course
- Containing four interactive modules
- Blending text, graphics and images
- Regular on-going testing as you progress
- A full final assessment with CPD certification
This e-learning course will help your learners establish the importance of the safe use and maintenance of work equipment. With this course:
- Identify what is meant by work equipment and the type of accidents that can happen
- Establish the health and safety laws surrounding using work equipment
- Recognise the duty of employers surrounding the use of work equipment
- Understand how to control, reduce and remove the likelihood of accidents occurring due to poor use of work equipment
- Explore how planned equipment and machinery maintenance helps ensure the health and safety of everyone
- Following clear guidelines for use of workplace equipment
- Specifically explore the symptoms and risks surrounding vibrations when using workplace equipment
- Explore what is meant by work equipment
- Review the types of accidents caused by equipment at work
- Understand the general health and safety requirement employers have
- Identify the regulations which are specific to using equipment at work.
- Review what actions should be taken before using work equipment
- Identify the steps to take to avoid contact with moving parts of machinery
- Highlight best practice when using commonplace work tools and equipment
- Review the dos and don’ts of using working equipment.
- Review why maintenance of work equipment is important
- Define what a person should know in order to inspect equipment
- Understand what is involved in planned equipment maintenance
- Explore examples of when records should and needn’t be kept.
- Identify what Hand Arm Vibrations (HAV), Whole Body Vibrations (WBV) are
- Explore the symptoms and risks of HAVS and CTS
- Review an employer’s responsibility in terms of HAV and WBV
- Understand how to identify and report symptoms of HAVS and back pain from WBV.
- A chance to test your knowledge of the topic with scoring
- The e-learning course comes with free CPD certificates for the learners
- Practical courses – This course is designed to help your learners in the real business world, giving them practical skills that they can quickly and easily implement in the workplace.
- Interactive and engaging – Learning doesn’t have to be boring. This multi-media course is designed to keep your participants engaged throughout.
- Step-by-step learning – This course is broken down into easy to manage bite-size chunks. From start to finish we take your learners on an enjoyable learning journey.
- Fully accredited – The CPD Verification Service accredit all our courses, so you can be sure our training materials are of the highest standard.
Where clients are not using our LMS and wish to host it on their own LMS instead, we provide SCORM files that they can simply install directly. Although these files are added to the clients LMS as usual and the user will access and view the course exactly as they would if it was built on the clients system, we are still able to track user numbers our side and also provide regular updates to the content.
Our e-learning products are always provided ‘white-label’ with no Trainer Bubble logos or references to our company.
We also understand that you may like to make alterations to the content. Whether it’s minor edits, larger alterations, adding of logos, or swapping images to better reflect your corporate identity – we can provide this change for a small fee.
Please note: We regularly update our courses to reflect legal changes or just general improvements to content. All this happens without you having to lift a finger whether the course is on your LMS or ours.
We’ve created the table below to provide some examples of typical prices you can expect to pay. Please click on the Get a Quote button below, so that we can create a personal quote that suits your specific requirements. Please visit our sister website to find out more about our online learning services – Learner Bubble.